Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm thinking of launching a start up Island 11:59 - Dec 9 with 3105 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Perhaps all the folk that couldn't look themselves in the mirror if they voted for Tories on Thursday would be interested in moving there to live in an inclusive society where people of any race, religion, colour, age, gender and sexuality could just get on with each other as decent people.

That way everyone else can stay where they are and slowly realise that the Tories are destroying them off the back of their own ignorance, stupidity and prejudice.

Does anyone really feel 'proud to be British?'. I never have done. We literally sailed to the corners of the earth taking whatever the hell we wanted from every other country and hundreds of years later in an inclusive world we vilify the same people for coming over here, working hard and being a positive influence to our country.

I am absolutely disgusted with the state of this country, the media and half the people in it. I've found a lot of comfort in so many well educated, decent, intelligent folk on TWTD all agreeing at how depressing the situation is.

Sadly I doubt any of us can do anything about it, but it's comforting to know I'm not as surrounded by those people as initially feared. As someone else said, the Tories are now UKIP and they are going to win an election off it.

Utterly, utterly shameful.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I'm thinking of launching a start up Island on 21:27 - Dec 9 with 222 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I'm thinking of launching a start up Island on 12:32 - Dec 9 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What I am saying is there is absolutely nobody voting for the Tories at this point unless they are either:

a) Putting their own wealth over the good of the country and prepared to let others suffer in poverty as long as they are a quid richer
b) Completely controlled by the media narrative with absolutely no ability to think for themselves
c) Desperate for anyone from a different ethnicity to be hundreds of miles away from them

I do not know a SINGLE intelligent, diversity welcoming person voting for the Tories apart from the few very intelligent, very wealthy people I know.

It's no longer a case of whether you disagree. It's a case of which world do you want to live in?

If it's one where people think anyone different from them is somehow less then yes, they sod off.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 12:34]

2 things.

I have felt (and sometimes still do feel) proud to be British. Often in a sporting context. Sometimes when I look at innovation and things like the NHS. However, I also frequently feel utterly ashamed to be British.

I do know a significant number of intelligent (maybe not always diversity-welcoming) people voting for the Tories who are not overly intelligent nor very wealthy. They are mainly voting because of Brexit and because the Marxist Corbyn will have us back in the winter of discontent with the unions destroying the country on Friday 13th. They are very hard to reason with.

An octogenarian Conservative Party member said to me she would struggle to support the party if Johnson was elected ahead of Hunt but on Sunday she said "you aren't voting for that horrible Corbyn man are you? He will take the country into massive debt."

A younger Conservative Party member I know is married to a doctor. He said that if Hunt was elected he would resign his membership of the party.

To think the party put those two up as the best representatives of all they stand for says a lot. Imagine where we would be if they had elected Rory Stewart but they didn't. They didn't want anything close to a moderate leader.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024