Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving through the thirds 19:12 - Dec 14 with 663 viewslongtimefan

I heard this term on Radio Suffolk on the way when they were interviewing Glen Driver the Leiston manager and thought it’s something we are not doing well. We seem to have lots of possession around the halfway line or in our half, but we really don’t move it into the next third in a constructive manner. We seem to pass it sideways a lot and then try a 50m wonder ball that on most occasions just gives possession back to the .pposition. It’s not just today that I’ve noticed it, it’s been happening quite a lot recently.
Moving through the thirds on 19:21 - Dec 14 with 619 viewsSouperJim

Movement in the final third isn't good enough off the ball. Often we only have one player moving, you need 2 or 3 options. We go sideways and back to retain possession.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Moving through the thirds on 19:22 - Dec 14 with 609 viewssparks

Moving through the thirds on 19:21 - Dec 14 by SouperJim

Movement in the final third isn't good enough off the ball. Often we only have one player moving, you need 2 or 3 options. We go sideways and back to retain possession.

This. I was screaming at the screen "Make the fecking run"!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Moving through the thirds on 19:27 - Dec 14 with 594 viewsSouperJim

Moving through the thirds on 19:22 - Dec 14 by sparks

This. I was screaming at the screen "Make the fecking run"!

Unfortunately it's (another) product of a line up which changes too often. Lack of understanding between players means runs aren't picked out enough. Doubt creeps in and the forwards make less runs, trying to read the play rather than dictate it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024