Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of transfer activity worries me 12:47 - Jan 16 with 4476 viewskizaitfc

I'm not saying I wanted another overhaul of players coming in, nor do I think our team is poor.

But by the sounds of it we stopped looking for improvement to the squad before the window even opened!

To have success football teams need to be constantly on the look out for ways to improve their squad (unless your Liverpool). Wycombe, Peterborough, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Oxford have already do so.

Evans seems to be moving back to the steady as we go method where other teams improve and we slowly decline.

I don't think many would view our team as a championship quality side, so if we get promotion we will either need to sign a significant amount of players in the Summer or we will struggle. Obviously signing a lot of players in one summer is not ideal as last season showed and I think has still been apparent this season despite less signings.

Evans needs to utilise the January window more effectively IMO to slowly bring in new talent that can either be thrown straight into the squad or slowly bedded in for the next season.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Lack of transfer activity worries me on 00:43 - Jan 17 with 363 viewsHciwspi

Lack of transfer activity worries me on 13:00 - Jan 16 by kizaitfc

Well the team clearly isn't perfect otherwise we wouldn't be sat in 3rd place, so there is obviously room for improvement.

Id certainly say we need a winger, and a target man.

As I say my issue isn't necessarily the lack of signings or the quality of our current team as such it's the fact we sort of threw the towel in from the start.

There is nothing wrong with signing improvements to what you already have.

And to be honest from listening to Lambert's reasoning why we aren't looking at anyone as simply being we don't have the funds, to me that sounds like if he did he would look to strengthen

No team is perfect.
Lack of transfer activity worries me on 07:09 - Jan 17 with 317 viewscrunchie1978

More players mean more permutations for the rotation roulette.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024