Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we have any decent scouts ? 13:43 - Feb 3 with 3579 viewsStewards_Enquiry

People question lack of funds, money spent by ME, however our scouting seems very inept. Who are our Scouts ?

McCarthy knew how to spot a player although there was some drab but generally he found a few decent players on frees and even Kieffer Moore made us some money.

When you look at what we paid for in fees and wages
Jackson - No first touch and hardly prolific worth £1.6m I dont think so
Donacien - Very Average at best
Nolan - Not convinced
Toto - Not good enough
Jordon Roberts - Not good enough
Aaron Drinon - Doesnt appear good enough
Ellis Harrison - Showed Glimses but departed
James Collins - Past it and injured most of the time
Jorden Spence - Awful
Colin Quaner - What footed was he ! Awful
Simon Dawkins - Awful
Tom Adeyemi - Injury prone and disappeared
Steven Gleeson - Who ? Yes signed and disappeared
Luke Varney - Awful
Leon Best - Trouble and Awful
Paul Digby - Fairly average to poor

Now who ran their eyes over these players think of the money wasted not just transfers fees but wages also !

I may have missed some but this shows the Dross we have invested in over the last two three seasons

[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:56]

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Do we have any decent scouts ? on 20:05 - Feb 3 with 438 viewsNewcyBlue

Seb has started at the sea scouts

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Do we have any decent scouts ? on 20:22 - Feb 3 with 420 viewsPilgrimblue

Do we have any decent scouts ? on 19:58 - Feb 3 by LankHenners

We still have Dave Bowman at the club who has lots of contacts and knows how to spot a player and Mick used him very well.

It's pretty clear Hurst didn't bother with him and I'm not convinced Lambert has done either, which is very stupid.

A properly run club would be making the most of people like Bowman and employ people in top-level roles with his level of knowledge about the game. Ah well.

Which is quite the opposite up the road. They have trawled the continent as well as promoting their youth.
Which makes all more difficult to understand why PL with all his experience has failed to widen Towns approach. I hated MM tripping over to Ireland to sign naff all or what was left after others had their picks!
Maybe this tells us why PL failed after Norwich and has lost his touch.
Do we have any decent scouts ? on 08:28 - Feb 4 with 364 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Do we have any decent scouts ? on 19:58 - Feb 3 by LankHenners

We still have Dave Bowman at the club who has lots of contacts and knows how to spot a player and Mick used him very well.

It's pretty clear Hurst didn't bother with him and I'm not convinced Lambert has done either, which is very stupid.

A properly run club would be making the most of people like Bowman and employ people in top-level roles with his level of knowledge about the game. Ah well.

Bowman has clearly been marginalised. He covers Scotland I believe. Lambert has his own for England.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024