Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confidence 11:55 - Feb 16 with 1037 viewsGarv

Yesterday’s performance oozed it, especially second half. Jackson’s first goal was hugely important.

I’ve slated Jackson at times for having a poor touch and not having enough quality on the ball, which is still the case at times. But he really showed his worth yesterday and got in behind their defence two three times even before the first goal. Should have had a hat trick without doubt.

Judge showing his undoubted quality with his assist. As someone said on the radio if he’d been doing that consistently throughout the season we’d be a lot higher in the table. Showed the merit in delivering an early cross, which we’ve not seen enough from him and others (think that comes down to confidence), and the weight of pass for Jackson’s one on one chance near the end was perfect.

Keane was excellent, with key passes for the first and fourth goals. Real quality on the ball and plays really nicely on the half turn. Again just needs to show it consistently. Norwood should have a job on to get back in the side, which is a nice luxury to have.

Season very much still alive.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Confidence on 13:00 - Feb 16 with 949 viewsPecker

We just need to take that confidence forward till the end of the season. IF we can, then I see no reason why we do not go up automatically. (Coventry?)
Confidence on 13:14 - Feb 16 with 926 viewsMaySixth

Long way to go, everything is not rosy in the garden but is far from barren

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Confidence on 13:23 - Feb 16 with 911 viewsDarth_Koont

Maybe their early goal played into our hands and they thought they could still go on and win it. But I thought Burton were pretty open at the back. Credit to us for working them and taking advantage of that but I'm sure sides will come looking for a point and won't give us quite as much space to look good.

Clearly a lot more positive situation than before the game but I think our confidence has been particularly fragile this season when put to any serious test.

Pronouns: He/Him

Confidence on 13:56 - Feb 16 with 866 viewsbobbyramsey

....but the next four performances will be garbage, no consistency
Confidence on 13:58 - Feb 16 with 860 viewsPecker

Confidence on 13:56 - Feb 16 by bobbyramsey

....but the next four performances will be garbage, no consistency

At the beginning of the season we did, so hopefully at the tail end of it we will.
Confidence on 14:04 - Feb 16 with 850 viewsjonnysuave

It will be when we can start beating teams that park the bus, when chances are fewer and we can win ugly games 1-0 2-0 etc.

Burton try and play football and don't sit back. Lets hope we can find some grit and intelligence to go with the confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024