Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick would have kept us up 08:29 - Feb 24 with 3404 viewsr2d2

He always found players from somewhere who could do a job. It wasnt pretty, but he played to our strengths. With no money what was he meant to do? How anyone can think going down was a good idea, as some did, l still cant work out. He got abuse he really didnt deserve and when he gave it back, some cried like big girls blouses.
Now, here we are. Good isnt it? I hope those who did the screaming are enjoying it. Queue all the wallys and their, nobody would be going if we were still watching that! Well, we would still be getting around 14,000 if he was here and we were in the championship. We will be lucky if we are getting that anyway next season if we are still in this league. Which looks highly likely now.
Mick would have kept us up on 12:16 - Feb 24 with 543 viewsNo9

Mick would have kept us up on 09:26 - Feb 24 by r2d2

I was there. It wasnt great. He had no money, what was he supposed to do? He worked miracles with what he had at his disposal. Saying it was time to go makes a lot of sense when you see the dramatic decline since.

He had no money??
He was given money to sign a lot of players most people can't name (can you?) + expesnes etc.
Which 'miracles' did he work?
Mick would have kept us up on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 528 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick would have kept us up on 12:16 - Feb 24 by No9

He had no money??
He was given money to sign a lot of players most people can't name (can you?) + expesnes etc.
Which 'miracles' did he work?

Fred Fred Fred, for the third time this weekend - the actual published club accounts show that we were operating with a wage bill regularly in the bottom quarter of Championship sides

He quite evidently wasn’t given a lot of money to spend, which is why we were signing so many bargain basement freebies and loans, quite obviously

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick would have kept us up on 12:37 - Feb 24 with 515 views44_not_out

Mick would have kept us up on 09:49 - Feb 24 by londontractorboy57

The Toxicity is about to return believe you me thats the nature of modern day fans fuelled by social media.

And it will be that toxicity that will ultimately be our downfall, again. You could see the longer the game went on, on Saturday, the more the crowd got anxious. This radiated to the pitch and you could see players reluctant to ‘be braver’ with the ball.

I get everyone’s frustration, be it ME or rotation policy or PL’s past, we must stick with the team.

I’m realistic that automatic is unlikely, but given our run in, we are in great shape for the play offs... and from there who knows.

My worry is that there is a sense of giving up and this will have a damaging effect.

Sadly it’s too easy to moan, protest or booo.

Come on everyone, let’s have a bit of positivity on what could be the end outcome of the season!!

Finally, who would have taken play offs at the start of the season?? I would have!
Mick would have kept us up on 13:09 - Feb 24 with 496 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 12:37 - Feb 24 by 44_not_out

And it will be that toxicity that will ultimately be our downfall, again. You could see the longer the game went on, on Saturday, the more the crowd got anxious. This radiated to the pitch and you could see players reluctant to ‘be braver’ with the ball.

I get everyone’s frustration, be it ME or rotation policy or PL’s past, we must stick with the team.

I’m realistic that automatic is unlikely, but given our run in, we are in great shape for the play offs... and from there who knows.

My worry is that there is a sense of giving up and this will have a damaging effect.

Sadly it’s too easy to moan, protest or booo.

Come on everyone, let’s have a bit of positivity on what could be the end outcome of the season!!

Finally, who would have taken play offs at the start of the season?? I would have!

Playoffs? We wont make them. We are way off the pace Starting with Saturday. Not a cat in hells chance of winning that.
Mick would have kept us up on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 484 views44_not_out

Mick would have kept us up on 13:09 - Feb 24 by r2d2

Playoffs? We wont make them. We are way off the pace Starting with Saturday. Not a cat in hells chance of winning that.

In your opinion.....

As I said, how about a bit of positivity . Given our run in, we are more than capable of gaining enough points in our remaining fixtures.
Mick would have kept us up on 13:56 - Feb 24 with 468 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 13:46 - Feb 24 by 44_not_out

In your opinion.....

As I said, how about a bit of positivity . Given our run in, we are more than capable of gaining enough points in our remaining fixtures.

Positivity? Have you watched that rabble recently? They need to become street savy. We are bullied most weeks. I dont know what is taught in training but they certainly get no more wise to the opposition. We will get steam rollered Saturday. Then the same old spuffle will come out again, and round in a circle we will all go again.
Mick would have kept us up on 16:38 - Feb 24 with 444 viewsITFC_Forever

Mick would have kept us up on 12:23 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Fred Fred Fred, for the third time this weekend - the actual published club accounts show that we were operating with a wage bill regularly in the bottom quarter of Championship sides

He quite evidently wasn’t given a lot of money to spend, which is why we were signing so many bargain basement freebies and loans, quite obviously

But when half the division are on parachute payments, and then there's those throwing money at it like Forest, Leeds, Sheff Weds etc, it's not hard to have a wage bill in the lower quarter.

And don't forget that wage bill was still an unsustainable 108% of revenue.... as much as ME has his faults, the ridiculous state of the financial models operating at most clubs / in football in general doesn't do ME any favours.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024