Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone cutting the grass yet? 14:25 - Mar 11 with 2426 viewsjeera

Seems dry enough to touch.

It's about a foot long and needs something.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone cutting the grass yet? on 20:59 - Mar 11 with 281 viewshampstead_blue

Anyone cutting the grass yet? on 16:42 - Mar 11 by Ryorry

Same here. Way too wet to mow anyway, have only had 3 dry days at most in the last 3 months, & temps too low & daylight too short for it to dry out properly.

Last year we only cut the lawns twice. It's now got a seriously cushion with only a few tufts popping up.

Please TWTD'ers give the lovely insects a chance. A lawn is in many ways a desert. Regular cutting destroys the sub culture and thus those little things which love it.

Let it grow, be free.....tbh last year was the second year we've done it and the difference is amazing. It's like walking on a soft bed of stuff.

We even had lovely little pink flowers grow from what is a weed apparently, very low growing. The bees loved it. They were in abundance.

Edit; I may have forgotten to add that we use a strimmer. Nothing uniform, just a rough cut of whatever is getting to long. Only take the worst of the trimmings off as well.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 21:01]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone cutting the grass yet? on 21:01 - Mar 11 with 274 viewsjas0999

No. Week or so yet.
Anyone cutting the grass yet? on 13:23 - Mar 20 with 195 viewsPJH

Anyone cutting the grass yet? on 16:14 - Mar 11 by PJH

No, I did say to my wife "the grass needs cutting"...

Just done the front.

Will do the back tomorrow-or in 12 weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024