Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Money........What to do 08:43 - Mar 13 with 4480 viewsBlueorder

My mother has recently had 100k dropped into her current account as the result of a property sale. Any ideas where is best to put the money? Thanks.
Money........What to do on 15:09 - Mar 13 with 462 viewsFenboyBlue

Definitely put £50k straight into premium bonds for the short term so they're doing something. Then you can take time for the economy to settle down again and consider all the long term options. With premium bonds you're only tied in month by month. I've found I get a steady supply of £25 wins equating to a return of about 3-4% which is much better than other short term savings options.
Money........What to do on 15:20 - Mar 13 with 437 viewsjimmyvet

Money........What to do on 15:09 - Mar 13 by FenboyBlue

Definitely put £50k straight into premium bonds for the short term so they're doing something. Then you can take time for the economy to settle down again and consider all the long term options. With premium bonds you're only tied in month by month. I've found I get a steady supply of £25 wins equating to a return of about 3-4% which is much better than other short term savings options.

My goodness stop talking rubbish....3% to 4% tax free seriously. Some people read this rubbish and might act upon it and just reinforces why anybody reading this must always take professional advice.
Money........What to do on 15:55 - Mar 13 with 411 viewsPinewoodblue

Money........What to do on 15:20 - Mar 13 by jimmyvet

My goodness stop talking rubbish....3% to 4% tax free seriously. Some people read this rubbish and might act upon it and just reinforces why anybody reading this must always take professional advice.

Especially when they currently pay out the equivalent of1.4% interest in prize money and that is bring reduced in 1st May.

We are nowhere near the £50,000 limit but had 3 x £25 this month, the wife had 5x £25 last month this month she only received 1 x £25

Really is the luck of the draw. Read somewhere if you lined up 1000 people who each held £1000 in bonds that if you lined them up in order of the amount won one month you would walk a lot further than half the way along the line before you met a winner. Luck of the draw.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Money........What to do on 17:06 - Mar 13 with 377 viewshampstead_blue

Speak to a regulated professional. End.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Money........What to do on 17:11 - Mar 13 with 376 viewsRadlett_blue

Impossible to say without a full picture of her assets, income and liabilities.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024