Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No follow up questions allowed today 17:53 - May 26 with 2494 viewsreusersfreekicks

Robert Peston dismissed in a sentence!
Gloves are well and truly off
[Post edited 26 May 2020 17:58]
No follow up questions allowed today on 21:09 - May 26 with 400 viewsBlueNomad

No follow up questions allowed today on 20:14 - May 26 by m14_blue

Huh? I don’t think it’s anything to do with DC at all and have never said it was.

I think it’s everything to do with the muddled messaging though. You say they should be dealt with but how can you deal with people who are doing what they’re allowed to do?

Nowhere have I used the word “deal”, I think they should be severely criticised. People have been told what the risks are and how to minimise them. By crowding onto beaches, which do not have toilet facilities , they are taking a risk for themselves and others. Surely that doesn’t need enforcement. It is reckless. There are many things that are dangerous but not unlawful - we would choose not to do many of them through common sense.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 21:12]
No follow up questions allowed today on 21:18 - May 26 with 379 viewsm14_blue

No follow up questions allowed today on 21:09 - May 26 by BlueNomad

Nowhere have I used the word “deal”, I think they should be severely criticised. People have been told what the risks are and how to minimise them. By crowding onto beaches, which do not have toilet facilities , they are taking a risk for themselves and others. Surely that doesn’t need enforcement. It is reckless. There are many things that are dangerous but not unlawful - we would choose not to do many of them through common sense.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 21:12]

I didn’t quote you did I? I’ll just assume you meant to apologise for the weird and inaccurate inference about Cummings.

But how can you change the rules so people are explicitly allowed to go to open spaces to relax and then publicly criticise people who do just that?

I agree that those people are being irresponsible but there’s no way the government can say anything at all.
No follow up questions allowed today on 21:29 - May 26 with 360 viewsBlueNomad

No follow up questions allowed today on 21:18 - May 26 by m14_blue

I didn’t quote you did I? I’ll just assume you meant to apologise for the weird and inaccurate inference about Cummings.

But how can you change the rules so people are explicitly allowed to go to open spaces to relax and then publicly criticise people who do just that?

I agree that those people are being irresponsible but there’s no way the government can say anything at all.

I make no inference about Cummings so really not sure what I am supposed to have weirdly inferred. Some are suggesting that his action almost means everyone can do what they like. It’s very childlike to say “he’s done it so why can’t I? (I condemn Cummings by the way)

Ultimately people are responsible for their own actions. They know that large crowds enabled the rapid spread of the virus in March. Are those who crowded the beaches going to initiate the second wave?
[Post edited 26 May 2020 21:35]
No follow up questions allowed today on 21:42 - May 26 with 342 viewsm14_blue

No follow up questions allowed today on 21:29 - May 26 by BlueNomad

I make no inference about Cummings so really not sure what I am supposed to have weirdly inferred. Some are suggesting that his action almost means everyone can do what they like. It’s very childlike to say “he’s done it so why can’t I? (I condemn Cummings by the way)

Ultimately people are responsible for their own actions. They know that large crowds enabled the rapid spread of the virus in March. Are those who crowded the beaches going to initiate the second wave?
[Post edited 26 May 2020 21:35]

You said I was deliberately trying to link it to Cummings despite nothing I posted saying anything of the sort.

Anyway, we seem to generally agree so maybe it was just crossed wires.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024