Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spain and Greece opening up for tourists 15:56 - Jun 1 with 1243 viewsbluelagos

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-spain-bans-british-holidays-135535763.html

But not British ones...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 16:03 - Jun 1 with 1217 viewsStokieBlue

Even if they do open up the 14 day quarantine when one returns is problematic for a lot of people.

It also seems to be a fairly arbitrary measure at this stand of the pandemic.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 16:07 - Jun 1 with 1199 viewsbluelagos

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 16:03 - Jun 1 by StokieBlue

Even if they do open up the 14 day quarantine when one returns is problematic for a lot of people.

SB

I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things - but Stena (online) are refusing me a refund on a ferry trip to Holland end of this month. Was booked for the Euros and would happily still go if I wasn't facing 14 days quarantine when I get home.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 18:21 - Jun 1 with 1104 viewsBarcaBlue

I hadn't seen that so assume it's a very recent change of plan. I also didn't know about this from the article..

Under the terms of the trial reopening, as many as 3,000 German tourists could be allowed to enter the Balearic Islands from June 16 onwards.

I'm more than a bit miffed about that. I'm not allowed to leave my designated health region until June 21st as things currently stand. A health region is the size of a small UK county. Most of that region is geographically known as the central depression of Catalunya, very apt.
Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 20:17 - Jun 1 with 1018 viewslinhdi

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 16:03 - Jun 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Spain have almost eradicated CV19 as a result of a pretty brutal lockdown. So it is hardly surprising that they don't want Brits there just yet.

It may be that step 1 will involve British tourists / travellers having to quarantine for 2 weeks, which would stop hotel holidays but allow people to use second homes.

UK quarantine measures are kind of crazy, given we're one of few countries in Europe still to have thousands of new infections each day.
Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 1008 viewsjeera

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 20:17 - Jun 1 by linhdi

Spain have almost eradicated CV19 as a result of a pretty brutal lockdown. So it is hardly surprising that they don't want Brits there just yet.

It may be that step 1 will involve British tourists / travellers having to quarantine for 2 weeks, which would stop hotel holidays but allow people to use second homes.

UK quarantine measures are kind of crazy, given we're one of few countries in Europe still to have thousands of new infections each day.

If only we'd done the same when we were still a few weeks behind.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 23:23 - Jun 1 with 930 viewsStokieBlue

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 20:17 - Jun 1 by linhdi

I've not said anything about Spain.

I agree that I don't blame them for not wanting us yet, that will change though once the economy really starts to feel it over there. I suspect sometime just around when the summer holidays start and lots of people already have holidays booked.

SB

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 23:24 - Jun 1 with 927 viewsStokieBlue

Spain and Greece opening up for tourists on 16:07 - Jun 1 by bluelagos

I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things - but Stena (online) are refusing me a refund on a ferry trip to Holland end of this month. Was booked for the Euros and would happily still go if I wasn't facing 14 days quarantine when I get home.

Looking at this, the UK quarantine is farcical and not something you seem to need to worry about, especially given your destination is likely to have less risk than staying in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/01/critics-round-on-no-10-over-ridicu

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024