Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have ITFC players deferred any wages yet? 08:08 - Jun 5 with 877 viewsSteve_M

It's increasingly likely that the season is now finished, unlikely that next season will start with fans in grounds and fans are paying for season tickets for next year. I've paid for all of next year's season ticket knowing it won't be a normal season and I'll get less value for that money than normal (insert own comment here about last few seasons). That was a rational decision on my part that the club should have cash flow at the moment, others will have a different view which is fine too.

However, there is another part of that equation which we have heard little on lately, the reason football is such a financial mess is down to paying out more than clubs can afford on wages. Thus it is only right that players do defer a portion of their earnings whilst the industry has ground to a halt and fans are expected to pay without any idea of what they might get for their money.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 9:50]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Have ITFC players deferred any wages yet? on 09:22 - Jun 5 with 791 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think so as yet.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have ITFC players deferred any wages yet? on 11:18 - Jun 5 with 722 viewstractorboy1978

We heard the 'all in this together' line from ME when STs were announced but as you say, we've heard nothing on a deferral/cut. If there had been the club would be all over publicising it.

Would it surprise you if the players have been put on furlough on the sly with ME topping them up to 100%?
Have ITFC players deferred any wages yet? on 10:58 - Jun 6 with 607 viewsArnieM

Have ITFC players deferred any wages yet? on 11:18 - Jun 5 by tractorboy1978

We heard the 'all in this together' line from ME when STs were announced but as you say, we've heard nothing on a deferral/cut. If there had been the club would be all over publicising it.

Would it surprise you if the players have been put on furlough on the sly with ME topping them up to 100%?

Why should footballers be any different to an6 other “worker”?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Have ITFC players deferred any wages yet? on 11:36 - Jun 6 with 570 viewsBloomBlue

I hope not, why should they it's a job, imagine the outcry if the Gov asked everyone to defer wages. If the clubs are paying more than they can afford to pay players then that's the clubs fault not the players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024