Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is that Saturn.... 23:21 - Jul 5 with 712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....above the rising full moon?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is that Saturn.... on 23:30 - Jul 5 with 693 viewsStokieBlue

After seeing your post I just popped out to take a look and what a fabulous sight!

So I believe that it's Jupiter above the full moon and then to the left at about 9pm is Saturn. You might need to block out the moon with your hand to see it as it's so bright.

All month Saturn has been trailing Jupiter across the night sky which has been superb.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is that Saturn.... on 01:01 - Jul 6 with 615 viewsjeera

Is that Saturn.... on 23:30 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

After seeing your post I just popped out to take a look and what a fabulous sight!

So I believe that it's Jupiter above the full moon and then to the left at about 9pm is Saturn. You might need to block out the moon with your hand to see it as it's so bright.

All month Saturn has been trailing Jupiter across the night sky which has been superb.

SB

And I see this post hours later. Great.

Will this be a regular occurance over the next few days or is that it for the next decade or something?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is that Saturn.... on 02:09 - Jul 6 with 589 viewsSarge

Is that Saturn.... on 01:01 - Jul 6 by jeera

Will this be a regular occurance over the next few days or is that it for the next decade or something?

It’s still there! Head outside if you’re still awake
Is that Saturn.... on 02:21 - Jul 6 with 584 viewsjeera

Is that Saturn.... on 02:09 - Jul 6 by Sarge

It’s still there! Head outside if you’re still awake

Ok thanks, I just did after seeing your post.

So the bright spot near the moon is Jupiter eh? I can't pretend to have got much definition with just some binoculars but it's still damn interesting all the same.

The moon looks decent atm too.

Thanks for that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is that Saturn.... on 08:19 - Jul 6 with 492 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is that Saturn.... on 23:30 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

SB

It was stunning wasn't it...I should have posted half an hour or so earlier as the moon first appeared, but glad you got to see it. Jupiter was ridiculously bright with the moon so 'close!'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is that Saturn.... on 08:24 - Jul 6 with 477 viewsStokieBlue

Is that Saturn.... on 08:19 - Jul 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

It was stunning wasn't it...I should have posted half an hour or so earlier as the moon first appeared, but glad you got to see it. Jupiter was ridiculously bright with the moon so 'close!'

Jupiter has been bright all month and the viewing has been good - I posted a picture I took of the Galilean moons the other week and they were clear even in London.

Looks like a mini-solar system.

SB

Is that Saturn.... on 08:30 - Jul 6 with 463 viewsStokieBlue

Is that Saturn.... on 01:01 - Jul 6 by jeera

There is a great conjunction on the 21st December that won't happen for another 20 years and will be the closest since 1623:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_conjunction#:~:text=A%20great%20conjunction%

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024