Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advertising a job. 20:56 - Aug 2 with 3725 viewscatch74

What about this role excites you and made you want to apply? Please describe your interest in working with us.

Salary and easy transport

Well at least he’s honest, may need to up his game a bit in the current climate though.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Advertising a job. on 11:56 - Aug 5 with 295 viewstractorboy1978

Advertising a job. on 11:43 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

Agents are especially bad. 'Competitive salary'. Sorry but i'm an Ipswich fan. Competitive meant finishing 15th. Competitive with what?

I've found most agencies ask what I want to do and what salary I expect (nothing unrealistic) then they try and baffle me with things like 'dealing with incoming communication in an office based environment' when I said no call centres and 'competitive salary' about £4-5k below what I said I wanted. Then they get really stroppy if you say you're not interested and never contact you again.

Last time I posted something like this a couple of decent TWTDers PM'd me to assure me they worked for agencies and didn't act like this which I entirely believe so decent agencies/agents are available but the above is my experience. What really pisses me off is when they try and force you to go for an interview knowing it's not at all what you want and then when you fairly demand details first they have a tantrum.

Had similar experiences before I found one particular recruiter who was great.

I work in finance and have found that you can have almost identical job descriptions but the salary can vary by as much as about £20k depending on size of the company, structure of team they have in place etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024