Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albania u21 v Andorra u21 07:21 - Sep 9 with 675 viewsshady

Watched(no sound) this on a stream to see how young Dobs is developing. He started.
Anyone else view this mighty match?

A few observations:
Albania didn’t play well as a team, just collection of individuals.
An interesting standard as Andorra being geographically sandwiched by two footballing powers of France and Spain are not too bad, though they had to defend most of the match.
Albania obviously were the favourites, building from the back and attacking in waves mainly on the flanks and sending in high crosses.
Some poor passes and wild yips but occasionally pleasing on the eye.
Nice powerfully headed equalizer by tall defender from corner.

As for our man seems a bit of a communication problem as his team mates didn’t give him the ball enough. Maybe he took up poor positions or didn't shout loudly enough.
However team mates seemed to play the way they knew and not pass to the full debutant. Or maybe my glasses are blue.
When he did get the ball again his football brain being bigger and faster,
some of his passes weren’t anticipated. Overall he played well.
Noticeably the Albanians sent a lot of high balls into the box which is not his game.
He’s a 10. Don’t see him primary as a winger although he drifted there at times to receive passes.

Of course he received a customary yellow, this time for simulation trying to get a penalty. Can’t say if harsh as poor stream.
Also I noticed he’s getting much better at tackling back.
Subbed of after 82 minutes so an excellent workout.
Probably given a rest Sunday to be ready for Fulham??

As for the game an early penalty for Andorra and late headed goals from crosses for the Albanians gave them a 3-1 victory
(missed the last as was trying unsuccessfully to get us on the radio)

Albania u21 v Andorra u21 on 07:38 - Sep 9 with 619 viewsITFC_96

Saw some highlights and think the yellow card was very harsh from what I could see, shoved in the back and probably should have been a penalty for Albania.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024