Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Nancy 20:23 - Sep 17 with 656 viewsMoriarty

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/91620-2

fka omuircheartaigh

Thank you Nancy on 21:39 - Sep 17 with 576 viewsjeera

That's what happens when a tiny country tries to throw its weight around.

It gets a tap on the backside and reminded what's what.

How embarrassing and how avoidable.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thank you Nancy on 22:01 - Sep 17 with 538 viewsMoriarty

Thank you Nancy on 21:39 - Sep 17 by jeera

That's what happens when a tiny country tries to throw its weight around.

It gets a tap on the backside and reminded what's what.

How embarrassing and how avoidable.

Britain’s reputation has been tarnished. Hopefully BJ and DC retreat from their stupidity and progress is made to reach agreements beneficial to all.

fka omuircheartaigh

Thank you Nancy on 22:07 - Sep 17 with 521 viewsm14_blue

Thank you Nancy on 22:01 - Sep 17 by Moriarty

Britain’s reputation has been tarnished. Hopefully BJ and DC retreat from their stupidity and progress is made to reach agreements beneficial to all.

I wonder if our standing in the world has ever been lower?

I know we have a chequered history and are fairly widely disliked but I always thought the world had a kind of grudging respect for many of the things the UK stood for.

Now we’re a laughing stock and don’t appear to stand for anything at all.
Thank you Nancy on 23:03 - Sep 17 with 470 viewsMoriarty

Thank you Nancy on 22:07 - Sep 17 by m14_blue

I wonder if our standing in the world has ever been lower?

I know we have a chequered history and are fairly widely disliked but I always thought the world had a kind of grudging respect for many of the things the UK stood for.

Now we’re a laughing stock and don’t appear to stand for anything at all.

A number of senior civil servants in the UK have resigned over this, for example Jonathan Jones, the treasury solicitor. They have integrity.

I’m sure there are plenty of people of integrity in all walks of life in the UK. The way DC and BJ have gone about this however means the present government can’t be trusted and they’ve damaged Britain’s reputation. Even if they are sabre rattling for an edge in negotiations, it’s the wrong approach.

No country is perfect and no set of politicians either. I imagine each conservative MP understands that if they do the right thing, and oppose the Bill, they’ll be branded as anti British by their leader and elements in the media.

A cocktail of coronavirus and no deal Brexit would be very damaging for the U.K. Hopefully that will be avoided.

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024