Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fraudulent debit in Credit Card 11:44 - Sep 26 with 467 viewsPendejo

We use our credit card so very rarely that checking it tends to be inline with when we've used it and checking the pay by date.

On next month's statement we have...

PayPal / Google California

Rang bank to challenge, they say contact PayPal. We used PayPal once a couple of years ago, using my email address, no idea what card we used... But not current c.c. as this was newly issued this summer, couldn't remember password.... Cue fruitless cycle of trying to reset password.... Which requires the last 4 digits of registered card!

Have lodged a complaint via google....

Now we wait, in the meantime c.c. is frozen, but don't need it right now. But is so new that don't get how it's been used fraudulently, sure we'd not even used it yet.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 11:44]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Fraudulent debit in Credit Card on 11:49 - Sep 26 with 431 viewsOldsmoker

I have total sympathy for you.
My personal struggles with issues like these have been hit and miss and even when you get the money back it's a draw never a win.
Hope it all goes well.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Fraudulent debit in Credit Card on 11:52 - Sep 26 with 420 viewsIpswichKnight

Did you ring the bank customer service number or dedicated fraud teams number. If you haven’t call the fraud team and get them to raise it as a chargeback for fraud, it will then be up to pay pal to send them the information to dispute this to your bank.
Fraudulent debit in Credit Card on 11:57 - Sep 26 with 406 viewsBarcaBlue

This happened to my daughter a couple of years ago. She had to cancel her card as a third party had used it in a Paypal initiated purchase. Paypal couldn't help but she reported it to the police so she could claim the payment back from the bank. About 6 months later she got a letter from the court and police, a woman in Murcia had been prosecuted following several fraudulent purchases on different cards. It appears she used her own address for delivery :-)

The bank returned the funds but she doesn't know how the card was compromised in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024