Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My journey home is not going well 21:49 - Oct 2 with 1924 viewsNewcyBlue

Malaga to Amsterdam flight delayed. Considerably.

I ran to the Newcastle gate with minutes to spare. I get there and the gate is closed.

They turfed me off the flight as their procedure is 40 minutes for transfer.

Currently sat in a hotel waiting to fly tomorrow.

I’ll probably miss visiting at the hospital tomorrow.

Give your family extra hugs TWTD, because I can’t.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

My journey home is not going well on 00:07 - Oct 4 with 349 viewsArnoldMoorhen

My journey home is not going well on 22:23 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

I sat smiling at the Norwich people getting on their flight, whilst I was waiting for the Newcastle one. Thinking how great I looked grinning at them in my Ipswich Town hoodie.

I was only wearing a face mask. They basically saw some idiot Town fan staring at them...

Got home, car was dead. Showered, walked down and hired a van. Drove to the hospital. MrsN started crying when I walked in. I started crying when I held our little girl. She’s tiny. Utterly tiny. And she’s the bigger of the two.

After an hour and a bit, I walked along to special care baby unit. Sat down and held our little boy. He’s incredibly small. There were more tears.

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

Madeleine and Michael (Michael was my good friend who died in May).

They’re absolutely wonderful.

I then went to Ikea, got the cots and the changing table. The wardrobes MrsN wanted weren’t in stock.

I asked if I could pop round and see Seb. Answer was a no. I’ll see him Tuesday.

Seb isn’t allowed to visit. He’s staying Friday and Saturday nights, so Saturday and Sunday we won’t be able to visit the babies. I will use the time with Seb to have some proper boy time. I’m sure he must be worried that there’s new babies and he’s going to be pushed aside. So I will make sure he understands that will never happen.

It’s weird being in the house alone. The cats come to me for a little bit then they have sodded off because it’s stopped raining and they have gone outside.

I’ve been to Asda to get some food, but to be honest I came back with bacon, stotties, and a bar of chocolate. It was just far too much choice that I didn’t know what to buy. I’m not used to choice.

I’ll sit down and plan my food tomorrow.

Oh and I have also narrowed it down to a Ford S Max or a Ford Galaxy both cars seem to be ideal for 3 car seats. Or a Mercedes V class.

Great to read. Wishing you lots of amazing moments with Madeleine and Michael and some great bonding time with Seb.
My journey home is not going well on 01:15 - Oct 4 with 344 viewsjeera

My journey home is not going well on 22:23 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

I sat smiling at the Norwich people getting on their flight, whilst I was waiting for the Newcastle one. Thinking how great I looked grinning at them in my Ipswich Town hoodie.

I was only wearing a face mask. They basically saw some idiot Town fan staring at them...

Got home, car was dead. Showered, walked down and hired a van. Drove to the hospital. MrsN started crying when I walked in. I started crying when I held our little girl. She’s tiny. Utterly tiny. And she’s the bigger of the two.

After an hour and a bit, I walked along to special care baby unit. Sat down and held our little boy. He’s incredibly small. There were more tears.

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

Madeleine and Michael (Michael was my good friend who died in May).

They’re absolutely wonderful.

I then went to Ikea, got the cots and the changing table. The wardrobes MrsN wanted weren’t in stock.

I asked if I could pop round and see Seb. Answer was a no. I’ll see him Tuesday.

Seb isn’t allowed to visit. He’s staying Friday and Saturday nights, so Saturday and Sunday we won’t be able to visit the babies. I will use the time with Seb to have some proper boy time. I’m sure he must be worried that there’s new babies and he’s going to be pushed aside. So I will make sure he understands that will never happen.

It’s weird being in the house alone. The cats come to me for a little bit then they have sodded off because it’s stopped raining and they have gone outside.

I’ve been to Asda to get some food, but to be honest I came back with bacon, stotties, and a bar of chocolate. It was just far too much choice that I didn’t know what to buy. I’m not used to choice.

I’ll sit down and plan my food tomorrow.

Oh and I have also narrowed it down to a Ford S Max or a Ford Galaxy both cars seem to be ideal for 3 car seats. Or a Mercedes V class.

Good to hear you're home safe and sound and that you've got to meet the twins at last!

Nice one.

Seriously though, stotties? All that choice and that's what you go for.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My journey home is not going well on 07:48 - Oct 4 with 289 viewsBloomBlue

My journey home is not going well on 22:35 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

I’ve had 8 hours sleep since 0700 on Thursday. Currently lying in bed and can’t sleep. It’s too quiet. My ears are ringing. This happens every time. I’m so used to the noise of the ship, the engine, the ventilation, the feel of the movement of the ship. At least when MrsN is here I can hear her breathing.

The cats have been all over me. I need to find my antihistamines.

A bacon stottie tomorrow should cure all!

Glad you made it home and great names, Madeleine and Michael. Micheal is very fitting given your friend..

I'm sure Seb will be fine, probably more excited about a new Sister & Brother than anything.

PS. Have you thought about buying a water bed and a mini generator for your bedroom?
My journey home is not going well on 08:27 - Oct 4 with 263 viewsDeano69

Wishing you all the very best. Glad your back and with family. Lovely names!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024