Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU calling Johnsons bluff 19:48 - Oct 15 with 2264 viewsHARRY10

"Downing Street reacted in dismay as Emmanuel Macron led EU leaders in warning Boris Johnson that he must swallow the bloc’s conditions, in what appeared to be taken as a direct challenge to the British prime minister’s threat to walk out on the talks."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/15/uk-must-make-necessary-moves-fo

The sensible thought would be to agree another year or so extension, so as to allow all sides to focus their energy (and money) on dealing with covid.

Sadly, the dyed haired buffoon has talked himself into a corner with his sh it about oven ready deals and 'get it done' that he is stuck in this headlong dash to the cliff edge.

However, other than the usual loons howling to the moon, I would venture that most would accept the need to focus on the virus, and see such action as that of a statesman.

So now's your chance fatboy - by doing something right for once in your life.
EU calling Johnsons bluff on 13:57 - Oct 16 with 285 viewsFreddies_Ears

EU calling Johnsons bluff on 13:42 - Oct 16 by HARRY10

And that is what is blindingly obvious to the EU.

Johnson sets these dates, then backs down and sets another one,

The EU knows that the UK cannot afford '']no deal', and so will stick to the original deal Johnson signed.

I suspect what Johnson is trying to get is something that can be claimed as a victory, before caving in. Unfortunately there's little else bar fishing - which although symbolic is actually bollox in the grand scheme of things ie percentage of GDP

And Macron can't give way on fishing as it would torpedo his chances of re-election...
EU calling Johnsons bluff on 14:05 - Oct 16 with 273 viewsHARRY10

EU calling Johnsons bluff on 13:57 - Oct 16 by Freddies_Ears

And Macron can't give way on fishing as it would torpedo his chances of re-election...

I think we'll see a bit of movement there, with the French having a reduction in their catch in the Channel - but nowhere near what the brexidiots have been led to believe.

And given how much of the UK catch is sold to the EU the UK has a fairly weak hand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024