Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More exits and additions and next season? 14:56 - Jan 20 with 1246 viewsalfie2002

I’d look at obviously getting rid of, Huws, Janoi, Sears, Drinan and maybe even Jackson if we can make money on him or use him in a trade.
Then maybe look to next season and get some loans view to permanent or of course permanent now if possible.
Left back = Tom Pearce at Wigan, can probably get for a cut price due to their issues.
Defensive midfielder (Skuse replacement) = George Dobson at Sunderland, Hasn’t worked out for him there and not sure Johnson is a fan so could be available at a reasonable price.
Striker = Jayden Stockley at Preston, believe he’s available for loan and way down their pecking order, moved there for big money from Exeter.

More exits and additions and next season? on 14:58 - Jan 20 with 1219 viewsOsborneOneNil

Don't forget we need 2 full backs, certainly to replace Chambers and most likely Ward too.
More exits and additions and next season? on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 1169 viewsalfie2002

More exits and additions and next season? on 14:58 - Jan 20 by OsborneOneNil

Don't forget we need 2 full backs, certainly to replace Chambers and most likely Ward too.

Yeah Pearce is a left back who could replace Ward, not sure we can trust KVY with his fitness issues, may have to invest in another body at right back which the club will rightly try and avoid because of the fee they payed for KVY. And realistically I doubt chambers can last the rest of the season there, I do believe this will be chambers last season here, last season in the starting eleven anyway.
More exits and additions and next season? on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 1149 viewsMrTown

Would be making a lot of changes in the summer.

El Mizouni and Bishop would be extending the deals, Jackson with the view to selling for a figure.

The rest I would be allowing to leave, go for a real overhaul.

Would see the following depart: Wright, Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Nydam, Judge, Sears, Drinan

Spoke about Tom Pearce yesterday, could be a real good signing.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:16 - Jan 20 with 1130 viewsalfie2002

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:11 - Jan 20 by MrTown

El Mizouni and Bishop would be extending the deals, Jackson with the view to selling for a figure.

Would see the following depart: Wright, Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Nydam, Judge, Sears, Drinan

Will be an interesting summer, a lot will depend on who the management is and of course what league we are in?
Who would you bring in?
More exits and additions and next season? on 15:19 - Jan 20 with 1118 viewsMrTown

More exits and additions and next season? on 14:58 - Jan 20 by OsborneOneNil

I'd be monitoring the fitness of Tendayi Darikwa at Wigan, just signed from Forest on deal until end of season. If he can stay fit, he'd be very good at this level.

Connor Ogilvie, Tom Pearce, Cohen Bramhall for left back.

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:21 - Jan 20 with 1110 viewsMrTown

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:16 - Jan 20 by alfie2002

Will be an interesting summer, a lot will depend on who the management is and of course what league we are in?
Who would you bring in?

See below.

The number 1 addition for me should be that very good CB at Rochdale - Eoghan O'Connell

I think he is very good, would make a good relationship with Woolfenden.

You could further keep Luke Chambers. End up with Woolfenden, O'Connell, Chambers, Ndaba

*Other notable possible additions : Wes Burns, Harry Anderson
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:28]

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:24 - Jan 20 with 1094 viewsWallingford_Boy

I wouldn't disagree with any of those outgoings, plus add Kenlock in there.

RIP Sir Bobby

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:25 - Jan 20 with 1090 viewsMrTown

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:24 - Jan 20 by Wallingford_Boy

I wouldn't disagree with any of those outgoings, plus add Kenlock in there.

Not out of contact until 2022. You'd struggle find someone to take him off us for firstly a fee, and then pay similar wages. Will be an understudy again next year.

Login to get fewer ads

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:33 - Jan 20 with 1070 viewsalfie2002

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:19 - Jan 20 by MrTown

I'd be monitoring the fitness of Tendayi Darikwa at Wigan, just signed from Forest on deal until end of season. If he can stay fit, he'd be very good at this level.

Connor Ogilvie, Tom Pearce, Cohen Bramhall for left back.

Good shouts, yeah I saw he moved to Wigan, surprised me as he got a big move to Burnley a few years back, but then I saw his injury record hence why only Wigan have gambled on him, that other right back Wigan had (Tom James) who’s gone back to Hibs looks a handy player as well
More exits and additions and next season? on 15:34 - Jan 20 with 1063 viewsArnieM

Town will undoubtedly be offloading many many players in the summer(potentially 50% of the squad if the Club chooses too). In many ways it’s the Club’s watershed moment I feel in that we have needed to cleanse the Club of so many poor ( or expensively contracted) players and allow space to bring through younger ones.

This I think will finally happen in the summer. Put it this way, I suspect there’s a good number of our senior players ( older ones), who are out of contract in the summer, and must be wondering where will I be playing my football next season? I doubt it will be at Town. i would include in that list the following

Skuse
Huws
Judge
Chambers
Wilson
Sears
Donacian

I’m not sure if the following are out of contract in the summer , but I think their Town careers might also be at risk ...

Kenlock
Ward
H.Wright
Nolan

Players we might choose to cash in on or simply lose...
Edwards
Jackson
Downes

A lot of players potentially could be on their way out. Some are nearing the end of their careers and shouldn’t complain. Some might see their stock as too high to remain at Town if we don’t get promoted. Many are ( IMO), simply treading water here and a move would be better for all concerned.

Whatever, Town can5 afford t9 be sentimental about this and need to be far more cut throat than we have in the past.

An interesting summer, whatever division we are in.......
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:35]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:36 - Jan 20 with 1054 viewsalfie2002

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:21 - Jan 20 by MrTown

See below.

The number 1 addition for me should be that very good CB at Rochdale - Eoghan O'Connell

You could further keep Luke Chambers. End up with Woolfenden, O'Connell, Chambers, Ndaba

Haven’t really seen much of 0’Connell so I’ll trust your judgement, is he left footed?
I really like Zain Westbrooke at Bristol Rovers, surprised Coventry let him go after he was key in their promotion last season, could go for him in the summer?
I remember Harry Anderson from that game after Christmas last season, still have PTSD from the name Tyler Walker ahahah
More exits and additions and next season? on 15:36 - Jan 20 with 1052 viewsArnieM

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:21 - Jan 20 by MrTown

See below.

Sorry Mr Town , I didn’t scroll down far enough to see you’d done this post...wouldn’t have repeat otherwise.

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:43 - Jan 20 with 1027 viewscatch74

Agree with most of that - Drinan, worth seeing if he progresses again, wouldn’t be on a huge fee.
Nydam, no way would I release him until he’s been given a chance post injury.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:45 - Jan 20 with 1022 viewsArnieM

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:43 - Jan 20 by catch74

Agree with most of that - Drinan, worth seeing if he progresses again, wouldn’t be on a huge fee.

Agree 100% re Nydam. If he was fit I think he’d be ou5 first choice left back. Bloody good young player.

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:02 - Jan 20 with 980 viewsMrTown

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:36 - Jan 20 by alfie2002

Haven’t really seen much of 0’Connell so I’ll trust your judgement, is he left footed?
I really like Zain Westbrooke at Bristol Rovers, surprised Coventry let him go after he was key in their promotion last season, could go for him in the summer?
I remember Harry Anderson from that game after Christmas last season, still have PTSD from the name Tyler Walker ahahah

No right footed, formerly of Celtic academy, a real good centre half, and only 25, so allows a long term core of CB's to be formed from Woolfenden, Ndaba, O'Connell.

Can't recall Zain Westbrooke to be honest, but presume he has played against us this season?

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:03 - Jan 20 with 978 viewsMrTown

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:36 - Jan 20 by ArnieM

Sorry Mr Town , I didn’t scroll down far enough to see you’d done this post...wouldn’t have repeat otherwise.

No you make good points and different points, it was a good post. Kenlock and Nolan under contract though.

Jackson / Downes have triggers to keep them until 2022, Edwards I believe doesn't so could walk for nothing in the summer.

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:07 - Jan 20 with 968 viewsMrTown

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:43 - Jan 20 by catch74

I like Drinan, he links play well, but could you ever see him getting 20 goals a season, I don't know.

Possibly could see him getting another 1+1 deal, because he has shown that he has something to offer.

I'm not sure. As you say, best to assess from now until end of season.

The only thing i worry about Nydam is that it is around 18 months since his injury, maybe again offer a 1+1 deal next year. Give him 12 months to prove fitness and form.

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:13 - Jan 20 with 957 viewscatch74

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:07 - Jan 20 by MrTown

I like Drinan, he links play well, but could you ever see him getting 20 goals a season, I don't know.

Possibly could see him getting another 1+1 deal, because he has shown that he has something to offer.

I'm not sure. As you say, best to assess from now until end of season.

The only thing i worry about Nydam is that it is around 18 months since his injury, maybe again offer a 1+1 deal next year. Give him 12 months to prove fitness and form.

The feedback from Nydam was very late this season or early next season for a playing return. Nasty injury but definitely needs to be given a chance.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:26 - Jan 20 with 933 viewsRadlett_blue

More exits and additions and next season? on 15:34 - Jan 20 by ArnieM

Town will undoubtedly be offloading many many players in the summer(potentially 50% of the squad if the Club chooses too). In many ways it’s the Club’s watershed moment I feel in that we have needed to cleanse the Club of so many poor ( or expensively contracted) players and allow space to bring through younger ones.

This I think will finally happen in the summer. Put it this way, I suspect there’s a good number of our senior players ( older ones), who are out of contract in the summer, and must be wondering where will I be playing my football next season? I doubt it will be at Town. i would include in that list the following

Skuse
Huws
Judge
Chambers
Wilson
Sears
Donacian

I’m not sure if the following are out of contract in the summer , but I think their Town careers might also be at risk ...

Kenlock
Ward
H.Wright
Nolan

Players we might choose to cash in on or simply lose...
Edwards
Jackson
Downes

A lot of players potentially could be on their way out. Some are nearing the end of their careers and shouldn’t complain. Some might see their stock as too high to remain at Town if we don’t get promoted. Many are ( IMO), simply treading water here and a move would be better for all concerned.

Whatever, Town can5 afford t9 be sentimental about this and need to be far more cut throat than we have in the past.

An interesting summer, whatever division we are in.......
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:35]

If we don't go up, there will be a huge reboot as most of the out of contract players will be released. This would seem an appropriate time to get rid of Lambert as he has shown little evidence that he is the man to rebuild the squad & the club, virtually from scratch.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 931 viewsMrTown

More exits and additions and next season? on 16:13 - Jan 20 by catch74

The feedback from Nydam was very late this season or early next season for a playing return. Nasty injury but definitely needs to be given a chance.

It was a nasty one, and he I would love to see him firing again, has great energy, great tenacity, as mentioned a possible left back certainly.

He has a 1 year trigger clause, so could be extended to 2022 his contract.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024