Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion or bust 08:24 - Feb 2 with 383 viewstractorboy1978

With Lambert in charge seems to be the 'plan' - although hard to use that word with Evans. For all the bluff about long term plans etc we are as far away from that as we ever have been. More loans than we can play, our own kids not going to get an opportunity and ultimately we aren't thinking any further ahead than the end of this season at all. We have to go up, I understand that, but we've left the lunatic in charge of the asylum so it all feels a bit redundant.

However, we've accumulated a squad of players that should comfortably make the top 6 from here. If we don't then Evans only has one man to blame - and that's the Scotsman with more lives than a cat. No excuses.

If we don't go up, I really worry about what this club will look like 12 months down the line with contracts expiring and the salary cap taking a stronger hold.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 8:27]
Promotion or bust on 08:39 - Feb 2 with 330 viewsChrisd

I just can’t see things changing for us to suddenly start making a promotion charge where we have looked ordinary for the majority of this season. It’s still the same tactics being implemented by our management and when you look at our statistical data from games we are a pretty average to lower L1 side, certainly not one pushing for the top 6, however hopeful we’d like that to be the case. Yes, on paper the additions look like they have more quality and pedigree in Parrott and Matheson in comparison to our own youngsters and some of our senior players, which should improve us and they do bring some experience with them too, but that will all be wasted with the same labouring and shot-shy tactics we invariably deploy in games, we still look very disjointed and play as individuals rather than a collective side. We need a complete change of ethos and I just can’t see that being the case under PL, if he was gone I’d probably be more hopeful.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 8:44]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024