Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A quick comparison: 08:32 - Apr 11 with 742 viewsGuthrum

or, "Why are people surprised at recent results?"

Under Cook: P9 W2 D4 L3 F6 A9

The last nine games we know Lambert was fully in charge: P9 W2 D3 L4 F7 A8

Almost identical.

The three wins reputedly under Taylor/Gill I'm just putting down to a "new manager bounce", or more accurately, "old manager leaving bounce".

We have no effective, fully fit, in form strikers. How are the team going to score many goals?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 8:49]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A quick comparison: on 09:41 - Apr 11 with 647 viewsBrightonBlue

Interesting snapshot there. Can anyone recall the formation/shape that Gill employed in his bounce? The misery of the last few years has merged the games in my mind! I still feel Cook should be getting more of a tune out of this bunch, albeit they are implausibly awful!
A quick comparison: on 09:47 - Apr 11 with 621 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stuart Taylor wasn’t at the club during the three win run due to his father passing.

Has it ever been officially confirmed that Gill as picking the team for that three match run? I know Gill was solely responsible for the game at Accrington but PL was in the dugout for the other two. Knowing his character, I doubt he took a back seat and had nothing to do with the selection, tactics etc.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A quick comparison: on 10:04 - Apr 11 with 584 viewsGuthrum

A quick comparison: on 09:47 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

Stuart Taylor wasn’t at the club during the three win run due to his father passing.

Has it ever been officially confirmed that Gill as picking the team for that three match run? I know Gill was solely responsible for the game at Accrington but PL was in the dugout for the other two. Knowing his character, I doubt he took a back seat and had nothing to do with the selection, tactics etc.

Had forgotten Taylor missed all of those.

Never officially confirmed, we only had "generally understood that ...". Tho even Phil was saying that.

A quick comparison: on 10:19 - Apr 11 with 544 viewspositivity

A quick comparison: on 09:41 - Apr 11 by BrightonBlue

Interesting snapshot there. Can anyone recall the formation/shape that Gill employed in his bounce? The misery of the last few years has merged the games in my mind! I still feel Cook should be getting more of a tune out of this bunch, albeit they are implausibly awful!

gill played a sort of 4-4-1-1 (parrott behind norwood), selected the same team for all 3.

differences to recent teams were wilson, kenlock, bennetts, parrott, norwood, all of whom have been injured except parrott

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

A quick comparison: on 10:32 - Apr 11 with 506 viewsRomeo4

A quick comparison: on 10:19 - Apr 11 by positivity

gill played a sort of 4-4-1-1 (parrott behind norwood), selected the same team for all 3.

differences to recent teams were wilson, kenlock, bennetts, parrott, norwood, all of whom have been injured except parrott

The key man in all of this is Norwood. By no means is he the answer to all our problems (far from it) but his presence gives us something that no other striker brings.

Can’t help thinking that he would have given the MK defence a harder game yesterday and probably scored the type of chances presented to Dobra and Sears.

As hard as he works for us, Drinan is a very limited player. As are Sears and Hawkins.
A quick comparison: on 10:47 - Apr 11 with 484 viewsGuthrum

A quick comparison: on 10:32 - Apr 11 by Romeo4

The key man in all of this is Norwood. By no means is he the answer to all our problems (far from it) but his presence gives us something that no other striker brings.

Can’t help thinking that he would have given the MK defence a harder game yesterday and probably scored the type of chances presented to Dobra and Sears.

As hard as he works for us, Drinan is a very limited player. As are Sears and Hawkins.

Norwood is our only striker who is even half effective. And he is too often injured or not switched on during matches.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024