Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Evans did the dirty on Cook without knowing... 12:02 - Apr 21 with 595 viewswkj

With a takeover on the horizon and a new prospective manager to take over from Lambert - Evans probably should never have made any appointments. Even if GC20 were behind Cook, I think it would have been fairer for all parties involved if Evans just kept gill on for the season.

Of course, Evans probably seen the new manager bounce in Cook, and wanted to make the Sale of ITFC even more delicious for GC20, however, if Cook didn't know any of the takeover stuff as he has stated - He's been done dirty.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think Evans did the dirty on Cook without knowing... on 12:09 - Apr 21 with 539 viewsJ2BLUE

Cook speaks highly of Evans even now. That might be because he has retained 5% or because Cook is a nice guy but he has moved to Ipswich (I assume, in some capacity) during a pandemic to take control. I just can't see how Evans wouldn't have told him. Even if he told him there was a 1% chance, i'm sure Cook knew there was SOME chance.

I think Cook overestimated the squad we have. So did most of us. I'm sure he regrets not asking to wait until the end of the season but he probably thought it was a case of getting slight improvement out of this lot and wed make it.

We just need the summer. Five years ago I posted that I was sick of the season and just wanted to enjoy the Euros and not think about Town. Well five years later it's similar but this time we have some genuine hope and hopefully we'll have a summer of seeing quality players sign for us and have a real crack at the title next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think Evans did the dirty on Cook without knowing... on 12:11 - Apr 21 with 521 viewswkj

I think Evans did the dirty on Cook without knowing... on 12:09 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Cook speaks highly of Evans even now. That might be because he has retained 5% or because Cook is a nice guy but he has moved to Ipswich (I assume, in some capacity) during a pandemic to take control. I just can't see how Evans wouldn't have told him. Even if he told him there was a 1% chance, i'm sure Cook knew there was SOME chance.

I think Cook overestimated the squad we have. So did most of us. I'm sure he regrets not asking to wait until the end of the season but he probably thought it was a case of getting slight improvement out of this lot and wed make it.

We just need the summer. Five years ago I posted that I was sick of the season and just wanted to enjoy the Euros and not think about Town. Well five years later it's similar but this time we have some genuine hope and hopefully we'll have a summer of seeing quality players sign for us and have a real crack at the title next season.

I do too, though this last run does have a feeling of being caught punching in a nightmare yet again.

I have no doubt that Cook is the man for the job, just gutted he's had a honeymoon period during a time he could really not do anything but resign to short term failure.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024