Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lav. Mics 17:46 - Apr 25 with 1191 viewswkj

Does anyone have any experience using a Lavalier, particularly with XLR cables? I am building a new home studio but will be presenting whilst using a treadmill, so need something more mobile.

Serious post too, as whacky as it sounds.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lav. Mics on 19:39 - Apr 25 with 1129 viewslfitchio

https://www.proav.co.uk/rode-wireless-go-ii-dual-channel-wireless-microphone-sys

Something like this will do you. Sticking to wireless mics that create on WiFi signal will be better thanrafio frequency mics as you won't have to have a rf license

The output of the receiver will be a 3.5mm but you can buy 3.5mm to XLR if your desk is XLR input only.

Sennheiser also do a range called AVX but are bit more expensive

1TFC

Lav. Mics on 20:25 - Apr 25 with 1107 viewsMini_Blue

What exactly do you want to know ? I’m a sound engineer who works in TV and the Theatre so ask away. If you go wireless the Rode system mentioned above is a great bit of kit on a budget and the version two literally came out a few weeks ago, there are others too and some systems are licence free if you went for RF based over 2.4ghz systems. As for XLR leads, again what do you want to know ?
Lav. Mics on 20:46 - Apr 25 with 1076 viewswkj

Lav. Mics on 20:25 - Apr 25 by Mini_Blue

What exactly do you want to know ? I’m a sound engineer who works in TV and the Theatre so ask away. If you go wireless the Rode system mentioned above is a great bit of kit on a budget and the version two literally came out a few weeks ago, there are others too and some systems are licence free if you went for RF based over 2.4ghz systems. As for XLR leads, again what do you want to know ?

My preamp will be close to my treadmill station and while that sounds like a recipe for disaster I would be maintaining a light walking pace at all times. I could use my Boom arm if need be, but the flexibility of a lav. would be better. Given that I will be in locomotion, I am more or less asking about a mic with quality about it not to be borked by the sound of moving, and reasonable resistant to breathing.

I saw a bunch on amazon, but can't trust the reviews these days

RODE is my usual go to, as I am a little too skint for AT stuff

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lav. Mics on 21:02 - Apr 25 with 1067 viewseireblue

?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024