Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unnecessary three way traffic lights 12:12 - May 3 with 520 viewsPendejo

I do understand the need to reduce pollution, I really do. But to get people out of their cars en masse then there needs to be suitable alternatives for those that can't cycle (for whatever reason). Given double decker buses are licensed for 72(?) passengers are limited to 30....

Wed to Fri last week I worked at a depot quite close to my old place of work, so was able to compare travel times.

To work was quicker than pre-covid but coming home... Wed was ok. Thur and Fri a complete nightmare due to an unnecessary 3 way light for roadworks.

First the road works were in a side road that is only used by local traffic so could simply have been closed off.
But no, a three way light system installed on a busy A road which clogged traffic from Pimlico to Greenwich.
Thurs I did Heathrow to Oval in 30 minutes then over an hour to do last 4 miles.

Who the flip makes these decisions? Don't they do traffic modelling?

Problems exacerbated by the number of LTZ imposed last year, which closed off routes which would have eased the roads.

But this isn't the first time 3 way lights have been stupidly installed.

During 2020 when conducting food aid deliveries there was a 3 way light installed at a point where a 1 way street was reduced from two lanes to one, not materially changing the traffic flow into the junction, just the dynamic.

Then another close by when two of the three roads were connecting, harmoniius, one ways, a 3 way light out in place to allow non-existent traffic to pass (the wrong way along a one way) from the 2 way side road. Said side road being virtually unused, so it'd be like where vehicles have to navigate roads with parked cars.

Then there's the one where the roadworks took place where cars were normally parked and 2way traffic easily got past. Again this was close to a side road, so a 3 way light was installed, one so stupid that the traffic on the main road simply ignored it.

Whilst unemployed I saw numerous jobs for traffic planners across London Boroughs and also private companies, all of whom wanted a degree (in anything), none of whom wanted me, who has over 16 years logistics experience in road transport.

Surely a plan is implemented to ease the problems for all road users and not simply to punish car drivers (as this tends to fck up the buses also).???

Rant over.

Also legalise and legislate for the electric scooters, I think they're fab, but need some rules. They may be illegal but how many are our roads? (Or is this just a London phenomenon?)

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Unnecessary three way traffic lights on 14:34 - May 3 with 389 viewssolemio

Frustrating enough if necessary but immensely so when not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024