Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Entertainment 17:56 - Aug 7 with 354 viewsGarv

Isn't that what we wanted? Think we got it today on balance and you'd always rather a 2-2 than a 0-0, which we got a lot of last season.

100 attacking players signed and hardly any defenders - showed didn't it? I'm not complaining, Edmundson will come in and there'll be more.

General thoughts:

Evans is a class act. How depressing to think of the midfielders that have put on the shirt and started every week over the last few years. Yes, sorry that is a dig largely aimed at Skuse, but others as well. The passes out to KVY all afternoon, and those for Penney second half were a joy. Really stood out.

Piggot didn't have a great day and doesn't look overly suited to that no.9 role, but showed some good touches and forward passes when coming deep second half.

Chaplin didn't see enough ball and appeared quiet, but still got a good assist. I can see him playing an important role.

Norwood changed the game in our favour. I always felt it was a bit odd a lot of people seemed to assume he was now third choice striker. Came on and showed real hunger to get amongst their defence, he's always the most fired up player on the pitch, and won the only high ball he got played into him for the goal. Deserves credit, and he also deserved the right to give the ref a mouthful for being conned by their right back in the corner, that was a disgrace.

A point feels an anti climax but as others have said if Woolfenden doesn't do that I think we win the game. They never looked a threat second half and with the likes of Bonne and Norwood to come I fancied us. Earlier changes would have been nice.

Hope negativity doesn't seep in just because we were held by Morecambe. Onwards and upwards.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Entertainment on 18:01 - Aug 7 with 318 viewsDubtractor

If we keep Evans and Harper fit, then as they develop their partnership we will be some team.

Both look a step up from what we've seen in recent years.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024