Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fan pubs for Cheltenham 18:55 - Aug 16 with 1206 viewswiltshireblue

Hi All,

Anyone know which pubs for away fans tomorrow that they can recommend?

Thanks
Away fan pubs for Cheltenham on 19:17 - Aug 16 with 1154 viewshoppy

This was posted a short while ago...

Angry Parrot pub in Cheltenham - info for tomorrow by Freddies_Ears 16 Aug 2021 18:22
Hi twtders... of several pubs on the right side of Cheltenham, the Angry Parrot has been active on a FB page "football real ale awaydays". It is entirely coincidental that it is run by a chap called Paul Cook...
Addy is 28 St James Street, GL52 2SH. Pub opens at 3.
Beers listed for tomorrow are:
Cask: Stroud - Buddy, 4.5% pale; Quantock - Obsessed by Galaxy, 4.5% Aus pale; Goff - Summer Sesh, 4.7% pale.
Keg: Wild Beer - Pogo, 4.1% fruit; Burning Sky - Arise, 4.4p APA.

I have no connection, but promised him I'd pop the info on here for you discerning types...

Pub is less than a mile from the ground, so convenient for anyone crawling through town en route...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Posted this the other day re: Chelt Away on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 1062 viewsGuthrum

Cheltenham Away - useful info by Guthrum 11 Aug 2021 15:42
Living in the town and inspired by a question from OsborneOneNil, here is some useful info about beer, food, parking and travel access for next Tuesday's game:

There are nowadays no pubs particularly near to the ground, so food and drink are best obtained in town. Closest pub is probably the Sudeley Arms, quite small. The Cotswold was one of my regular haunts (pre-Covid) and is also not too far. Or the Hewlett Arms, on the other side.

Loads of good places to eat up in the hills around Cheltenham, too, e.g. the Golden Heart at Nettleton Bottom, the Craven Arms at Brockhampton. Or in Prestbury, on the north-easern side of Cheltenham (which is the right direction for the ground, but further out) - the Plough (excellent for beer), the Royal Oak or, slightly fancier, the Kings Arms*.

There are several car parks on (or just off) the northern section of the ring-road in the right direction for the ground, but they are about 10 minutes walk away. There is some parking on residential roads nearby, but may not be much space on a matchday evening.

Coming up the M5 from the south, there are roadworks on J11 of the M5, meaning you cannot turn right for Cheltenham. The diversion, I believe tries to take you off at J11A and then via the edge of Gloucester. Tho you could also come off at J11, turn west on the A40 and simply go all the way round the roundabout and back east on the A40 to Cheltenham.

The railway station is a fair distance from the town centre, in exactly the opposite direction to the football ground. Perhaps a 30 minute fairly brisk walk in total.

* Edit, my error pointed out by Cheltenham Blue.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024