Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this 4 2 3 1 09:21 - Aug 22 with 483 viewsoldbeardy

set up and the defensive shape that goes with it to counteract the full backs getting forward - is it deployed successfully elsewhere? I'm sure we'll look more solid as the players get used to it but just wondered whether it is used regularly by the most successful teams and is therefore a tried and tested system?
this 4 2 3 1 on 09:31 - Aug 22 with 456 viewsunstableblue

It’s actually not common at all

Premier league is a lot of 4-3-3

MK, who were technically excellent yesterday were 3-4-1-2

I think it can work for us, and had for large swathes of games this season

BUT it relies on the full backs being bang on form, plus the deep two midfielders

And this form is sadly lacking

To be fair Cook switched to a

4-1-2-3 yesterday

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

this 4 2 3 1 on 09:40 - Aug 22 with 430 viewsIpswichKnight

England play something very similar as well with 2 midfielders sitting in front of the back 4 and rely on the full backs getting forward and that didn’t do too badly for England recently!

You can see in patches that when it works it’s really hard for teams to get near us. We drive at them with pace and draw players in leaving gaps. 1st goal v Morecombe was a peach, Harper had 2 options safe option to go back and reset the play or use the gap that had been created to slot a pass between the 2 midfielders and centre half who had moved up to cover the midfielders as they tried to close Harper down, that one forward pass to Chaplin took 3 players out and importantly removed the centre half and left Fraser unmarked to make his run.

Similar happened for 2nd goal yesterday quick passing created a huge gap as they chased the ball.

I’d be more worried if teams were carving us apart and scoring by creating loads of chances when in fact we are creating our own downfall with mistakes, cut those out and we will win a lot of games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024