Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. 20:54 - Aug 21 with 1856 viewsitfcjoe

…..2-0 at home to recently relegated Fulham.

We were booed off at half time and full time despite still being in the top 2 of the Championship.

Fans boo when results are disappointing, I’m personally not a massive booer, will do when things really bad and performances awful, but some fans need to stop being so sensitive.

Any pro can deal with a few boos, if they couldn’t they wouldn’t have made it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:04 - Aug 21 with 1770 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. It's venting. It soon stops and they players get a nice clap. It's part of football.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:10 - Aug 21 with 1720 viewschrismakin

Any pro can deal with a few boos

But apparently players couldn't deal with an honest manager lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:12 - Aug 21 with 1718 viewsJ2BLUE

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:10 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

Any pro can deal with a few boos

But apparently players couldn't deal with an honest manager lol

I think Cook himself would say he made a mistake with his attitude when he came in.

I have no issue with people saying that was poor. I do think people should just put that aside and give him a separate chance with his own squad though. Which most people are doing to be fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:16 - Aug 21 with 1690 viewsVic

Sorry Joe, I disagree. There was obvious disappointment at FT for not getting the win we want, but we are SUPPORTERS nor jeerers. To boo after the team was so near is just pointless. So the players can deal with it, but why do it? It’s little more than childish entitlement - ‘Booo, they didn’t give me the result I wanted’.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:16 - Aug 21 with 1691 viewsunstableblue

I remember that game well

We were absolutely woeful and got completely dominated at home - 70%, 20 shots

That’s why people booed, who cared where we were in league

The performance was completely unacceptable

Our current form and league position is also unacceptable

BUT today’s performance and the game didn’t really deserve a boo did it?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:21 - Aug 21 with 1629 viewschrismakin

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:12 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

I think Cook himself would say he made a mistake with his attitude when he came in.

I have no issue with people saying that was poor. I do think people should just put that aside and give him a separate chance with his own squad though. Which most people are doing to be fair.

Some are j2 but there's a large quantity and also public figures who don't allow cook to get on with his job without bringing up last season.

I feel for the club and PC that these people won't let it go as its doing more harm than good.

As much as some may say players brush of boos etc.. it's not great for confidence and also can hinder the club to bring in players if 1.. they feel PC isn't getting support. 2 players aren't getting support.
I'd rather play in front of 10k cheering fans appreciate my efforts than 18k booing a draw against mk dons after a very good game of football.

For all the good the take over has had. I'm afraid is also now the.worst thing that could have happened as these supporters are expecting much more much to soon.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:25 - Aug 21 with 1600 viewsSteve_M

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:21 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

Some are j2 but there's a large quantity and also public figures who don't allow cook to get on with his job without bringing up last season.

I feel for the club and PC that these people won't let it go as its doing more harm than good.

As much as some may say players brush of boos etc.. it's not great for confidence and also can hinder the club to bring in players if 1.. they feel PC isn't getting support. 2 players aren't getting support.
I'd rather play in front of 10k cheering fans appreciate my efforts than 18k booing a draw against mk dons after a very good game of football.

For all the good the take over has had. I'm afraid is also now the.worst thing that could have happened as these supporters are expecting much more much to soon.

You know what maybe if we won a few more matches then we wouldn’t need to have this conversation. We’re in the third division and we’re winning less than when Lambert was in charge - and everyone agrees he was sh1t.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:26 - Aug 21 with 1585 viewschrismakin

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:16 - Aug 21 by unstableblue

I remember that game well

We were absolutely woeful and got completely dominated at home - 70%, 20 shots

That’s why people booed, who cared where we were in league

The performance was completely unacceptable

Our current form and league position is also unacceptable

BUT today’s performance and the game didn’t really deserve a boo did it?!

People appear to have forgotten this is now our 3rd season as a league 1 side.

We are not anything but a league 1 side.

Where we finish this season no one knows.

We have purchased league 1 players. With a couple of exceptions

We have just drawn 2 2 in a pulsating end to end fixture and it's greeted with boo's.

It's wrong however Joe or anyone else wants to defend it.

Login to get fewer ads

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:27 - Aug 21 with 1581 viewstimothyeo

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:21 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

No one is stopping Cook doing his job, less so the fans

He has had an incredibly easy, not easy actually, an incredibly positive ride considering his awful results last season. Most as evident by this forum are looking past them as if those results never happened.

If a few boos is impacting Cook and the team then we need to replace Cook immediately as he's far too weak for professional football. But I'm sure that's not the case and you're creating an excuse out of nothing.
In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:36 - Aug 21 with 1505 viewschrismakin

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:27 - Aug 21 by timothyeo

No one is stopping Cook doing his job, less so the fans

He has had an incredibly easy, not easy actually, an incredibly positive ride considering his awful results last season. Most as evident by this forum are looking past them as if those results never happened.

If a few boos is impacting Cook and the team then we need to replace Cook immediately as he's far too weak for professional football. But I'm sure that's not the case and you're creating an excuse out of nothing.

What manager would want to touch the Ipswich Job with supporters jeering after 4 games. Ever thought of that.

Q&A before the season we even had fans asking about the clubs plan for a bad run of form ffs.

Everyone thanked the new owners for moving the club forwards. They'll have time to implement their changes.

PC has gone through the biggest squad replacement ever seen at this level of football yet his new squad get pummeled with boots after 4 games.

Some clubs deserve success..Some fans don't.

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:44 - Aug 21 with 1479 viewsFunge

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:36 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

What manager would want to touch the Ipswich Job with supporters jeering after 4 games. Ever thought of that.

Q&A before the season we even had fans asking about the clubs plan for a bad run of form ffs.

Everyone thanked the new owners for moving the club forwards. They'll have time to implement their changes.

PC has gone through the biggest squad replacement ever seen at this level of football yet his new squad get pummeled with boots after 4 games.

Some fans follow a club that have had less success than any other in the entire football league, (apart from Oldham Athletic) in the last 15 years.

Stop accepting mediocrity as acceptable.
In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:45 - Aug 21 with 1452 viewschrismakin

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:44 - Aug 21 by Funge

Some fans follow a club that have had less success than any other in the entire football league, (apart from Oldham Athletic) in the last 15 years.

Stop accepting mediocrity as acceptable.

I will when it's not just 4 games into a new season.

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:48 - Aug 21 with 1436 viewsFunge

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:45 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

I will when it's not just 4 games into a new season.

Fck you, Oldham!
In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:48 - Aug 21 with 1437 viewsKeaneish

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:04 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

Agree. It's venting. It soon stops and they players get a nice clap. It's part of football.

Context is everything though. Today was a good game, good entertainment with a lot of positive attacking intent. One mistake aside, the game was ours. The boos were just so unnecessary today.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:50 - Aug 21 with 1419 viewsFunge

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:48 - Aug 21 by Keaneish

Context is everything though. Today was a good game, good entertainment with a lot of positive attacking intent. One mistake aside, the game was ours. The boos were just so unnecessary today.

Honestly struggling with this viewpoint.

MK created more than us, looked more dangerous, more composed, bossed the midfield.

Edwards created 3-4 good chances (he was the best player on the pitch); otherwise, MK were much better.
In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:56 - Aug 21 with 1384 viewsCoastalblue

I don't get why last season is not relevant? I'm all for giving Cook a clean slate at the start of this, but if we're assessing what he does then last season is part of his record.

We weren't in a position with nothing to play for when he came in, he was paid to manage us and to try and win football games. If we had nothing to play for and he managed 3 or 4 games at the end of the season then I'd understand that he was preparing to clear the decks, but that wasn't the case.

I do think he, and we will ultimately be succesful, but we can't just forget what happened last year and pretend it had no bearing, he's a manager, he was managing.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 22:02 - Aug 21 with 1341 viewschrismakin

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:56 - Aug 21 by Coastalblue

I don't get why last season is not relevant? I'm all for giving Cook a clean slate at the start of this, but if we're assessing what he does then last season is part of his record.

We weren't in a position with nothing to play for when he came in, he was paid to manage us and to try and win football games. If we had nothing to play for and he managed 3 or 4 games at the end of the season then I'd understand that he was preparing to clear the decks, but that wasn't the case.

I do think he, and we will ultimately be succesful, but we can't just forget what happened last year and pretend it had no bearing, he's a manager, he was managing.

Because its irrelevant and nothing from the past can help change the future.

It can't be healthy that 24 hours before the game PC is basically asking for time to the media
Every result comes the same plea
This new squad going into games with such severe expectations isn't right.

Everyone deserves a bit of time.

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 22:05 - Aug 21 with 1328 viewstimothyeo

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 22:02 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

Because its irrelevant and nothing from the past can help change the future.

It can't be healthy that 24 hours before the game PC is basically asking for time to the media
Every result comes the same plea
This new squad going into games with such severe expectations isn't right.

Everyone deserves a bit of time.

He is getting time. He's had time and he'll have more of it. What is your actual point?
In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 22:07 - Aug 21 with 1311 viewschrismakin

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 22:05 - Aug 21 by timothyeo

He is getting time. He's had time and he'll have more of it. What is your actual point?

I was asked a question, I replied

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 01:15 - Aug 22 with 956 viewsBlueBadger

Booing is for c**ts, full stop.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 03:51 - Aug 22 with 827 viewsIllinoisblue

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 21:36 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

One that gets paid half a million pounds a year to manage in Division 3.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In 2017/18 we won our first 5 games of the season, before losing….. on 09:41 - Aug 22 with 586 viewsChurchman

That Fulham game was abject. Five or six nil would have been fairer. We were beaten out of sight. I understand why fans express their disappointment booing. I just wish they’d keep it to the end of the game.

Booing is not something I’ve ever done personally, despite sometimes feeling like I wanted to machine gun the lot down. I have never seen the point. Silently walking out is about as far as it goes with me. I’ve been known to dish out the verbals to a player now and again, so I’m by no means mr clean on the abuse front. Douglas was a particular target. He used to drive me nuts.

Each to their own. We all have our ways. I always stay to the end too. No idea why. In some instances it’s purgatory (Norwich, Sheffield Wed, Liverpool at home etc). On rare occasions it’s worth it, thinking of the Sheffield Utd comeback or the 6-4 Crewe game.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 9:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024