Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery|
at 19:48 24 Aug 2020
Just seen a lad called Laverty was called up to the Norn Ireland squad. It wasnt our ex player, but it got me thinking of the drama when he rejected our contract offer, thinking he was Billy big time and then wasn't really ever heard of again.
Kundai Benyu was probably our most recent example of that. Wiki seems to suggest he's still at Celtic, but I can't say I've heard of him doing much up there and he seems to have been out on loan a lot.
Any other ex players who thought they were a bit special who bailed and disappeared?
|Boris Johnson - summer schools|
at 20:23 14 Jun 2020
In his infinite wisdom, the PM is apparently in favour of kids going to summer classes.
Three questions on that:
1. Where do they plan to hold these classes, as schools are simply not big enough to accommodate socially distanced students, in that quantity?
2. Who is going to teach them, as teachers are only contracted for a certain number of days? Whether he likes it or not, teachers have worked their likes arrises off to get lessons out to their students, and will have used up those days.
3. Related to the previous, assuming he can find staff willing to work over the summer, they should do it pro bono - how will they fund this?
at 10:51 25 Mar 2020
Diagnosed with CV19. Mild symptoms apparently, but must be worrying given that he's clearly in a risk category.
|Town's best matches - YouTube |
at 09:51 24 Mar 2020
My son is only 6 and wants to see some of our best games on YouTube - I know, back in the day, the excellent ItfcVideo used to have loads of classic highlights, but I can't find them now.
Does anyone have a few links to games to share. I'm working and YouTube is blocked here, so can't do it.
The obvious ones - PO semis and final, the demolitons of Norwich, Haynes' handball winner etc.
|5 Point Plan/Facebook group|
at 20:10 10 Mar 2020
Christ, what a bunch of room temperature IQs.
Complain about Evans, all you like, but the fact remains, without significant investment to replace him, the club would fold and disappear into the depths of League 2 very bloody quickly.
Until and unless they can come up with some sort of plan to mitigate this, they really ought to keep their heads down and chops shut.
|"Evans must go"|
at 12:34 24 Feb 2020
Forgive my ignorance here, but, with the exception of our inevitable purchase by the Godolphin operation, I'm at a loss who would go out and buy a small, regional, loss-making football club.
Perhaps some of those calling for his exit can tell me who will buy us?
|My son asked me last night|
at 12:52 12 Feb 2020
"dad, who are Ipswich playing tonight?"
"AFC Wimbledon", I answered.
And I had to stop and think. Jeez, how bad is that?! In my own lifetime, we've rubbed shoulders with European giants and humbled English champions. Now I genuinely have to consider if we're better than a team who were formed less than 20 years ago and held trials on a Common.
|Junior Blues free tickets|
at 13:57 10 Feb 2020
I'm looking at redeeming the free tickets my boy got with his membership, does anyone know how specific you can be with the seat requests?
Says you can ask for specific stands, but he loves sitting RIGHT at the front - are they likely to be able to give us that?
Have phoned the ticket office and they haven't really been that helpful on this front...
|Fans, not criminals|
at 20:18 3 Feb 2020
Wow, what a collective of wet lettuces and room temperature IQs...
I've been following Town for 20+ years, been home and away and only had any grief once, and that was from the plod at Carrow Road when they tried to herd us all onto trains back to Ipswich, and I'd driven.
Keep your nose clean, don't be a melt and I find stewards are quite happy to leave you alone.
at 20:33 1 Jan 2020
Absolute embarrassment. Almost certainly their biggest gate of the season and didn't hear a peep from them all afternoon.
|Thoughts from Wycombe |
at 19:15 1 Jan 2020
Let's get a few bits straight.
Norris - bad mistake, gather it looked worse on TV. Going some, as it looked awful in the flesh. Holy needs to come in now.
Edwards - got forward well and tested their fullback. Not defensively minded by nature and got away with losing his man for their glaring miss early on.
Chambo - got caught wrong side early on for their big chance. Performed reasonably thereafter.
Wolfie - did OK.
Wilson - look up "professional foul" and their ought to be a video of his booking. Took one for the team there. Did OK.
Garbutt - is not a left back. Is not a left wing back. Must play out and out left wing. Was effectively neutralised playing so deep.
Huws - clearly has ability, but needs a run of games now. Showed his class in flashes.
Judge - the attacking version of Skuse? Anonymous for 80 minutes, turned up in fleeting moments. Should have scored.
Downes - absolutely everywhere. The pick of the midfield. Looks up for a battle. Looks up for a fight, and not particularly choosy about who to have thst fight with. Needs to have a team built around him.
Jackson - never stopped running. Shefki-esque. Couple of nice touches but needs to add composure.
Norwood - remember that snarling, sh!thousing pain in the whatsit we had in the first few months? Well, he was back after half time today. Before half time, my 6 year old could've marked him out of the game. Took his goal well. I know it was from 3 inches, but you've got to be in the right position to finish those.
Wycombe were alright, but came to defend a point.
Tinpot fireworks were rightly given grief as was the yank doing the speech on the pitch at full time.
at 16:49 31 Dec 2019
Are we expecting a decent turn out tomorrow then?
|Just home from the match|
at 20:55 23 Nov 2019
* Enjoy having Wolfie while we've got him. Sadly, he's far too good for us. Composed at the back, deft trickery and read the game like a book. Sublime.
* KaiKai dived. Clear as day. Stevie wonder could see it, it was so blatant.
* Danny Rowe looked useful, but had a frustrating lack of end product.
* Nolan had spells where he looked outstanding and spells I had to check he hadn't been subbed and I had missed it.
* Donacian had clearly been replaced by a player who looked like him, but with some decent talent. Large improvement from last I saw him. He's not KVY though...
* Jackson tried and tried and tried, but he needs someone with him, otherwise he gets smothered, as he did today. Never stopped running though.
* Feels like a point dropped, but Blackpool were no mugs.
* Given there were only 500 of them, their fans were an impressively noisy bunch!
|Forum Votes: ||145|
|Comment Votes: ||10|
|Prediction League: ||0|