Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bombed out blues 14:13 - Sep 10 with 942 viewsGeomorph

Tonight I will be watching our cast offs and loaned outs ply their trade ten miles down the peninsula at holker street. Hope dobra plays and does well… but I will be supporting barrow tonight!
Bombed out blues on 14:51 - Sep 10 with 826 viewsgtsb1966

650 mile round trip for a Friday night game. Why wasn't it moved to a Saturday. Crazy.
Bombed out blues on 15:02 - Sep 10 with 793 viewsSwansea_Blue

Otherwise known as The Dunes Hotel Stadium. Ah, the romance of modern football.

Yeah, bonkers time to be hosting that particular fixture.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 15:02]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bombed out blues on 15:44 - Sep 10 with 727 viewsPassionNotAnger

Bombed out blues on 14:51 - Sep 10 by gtsb1966

650 mile round trip for a Friday night game. Why wasn't it moved to a Saturday. Crazy.

I think it was actually moved for Friday for income reasons - it won't materially affect home attendances and would have only got very few away fans on a Sat but now as it's not Saturday 3pm it can be showed on Ifollow which will gain extra fans watching (primarily away but assume home fans too) and generating extra ££

With these lower league fixtures that are so far aware it's quite common (and sensible) I think.
Bombed out blues on 18:10 - Sep 10 with 581 viewsSharkey

Bombed out blues on 15:44 - Sep 10 by PassionNotAnger

I think it was actually moved for Friday for income reasons - it won't materially affect home attendances and would have only got very few away fans on a Sat but now as it's not Saturday 3pm it can be showed on Ifollow which will gain extra fans watching (primarily away but assume home fans too) and generating extra ££

With these lower league fixtures that are so far aware it's quite common (and sensible) I think.

Colchester''s first 6 away games will have been Carlisle (Sat), Oldham (Sat) Rochdale (Fri) Barrow (Fri) Swindon (Sat, and almost local!) Tranmere (Fri). Hats off to anyone who's done the lot.

The Rochdale one was Friday because it was 100 years to the day since Rochdale played their first league game.

p.s. I wonder if Dean Gerken has basically retired, or is just pleading car sickness. He's said not to be injured but hasn't played or been on the bench for a good while.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 18:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024