Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waited for today to do this 10:29 - Sep 12 with 548 viewsCheltenham_Blue

as I was pretty pi55ed off last night.

1. It's the same old thing. Going forward we look good, but out of possession, we are all at sea, our high press is too easy to get around, and then we are left with Harper and Lee out of position, meaning the centre of midfield is non existent, and our defence is holding too high a line to compensate. It's horrible to see balls being played through the lines with infinite repetition.

2. Tom Carroll for Chaplin yesterday was the first time I think, I had seen Cook attempt to change the formation, for a successful manager, and let not pretend he hasn't been, he seems tactically naive when going behind.

3. 'Front Foot' football. Great to watch, sure, but its what has led to us conceding five. Before a ball was kicked, Cook said, "We will need to be fluid and adaptable", but so far, I've seen ZERO evidence of any fluidity or adaptability in our play. Lincoln stuck five past Cambridge yesterday, and on Saturday, I can almost guarantee now that we'll set up with 4-2-3-1 front foot football.

4. 19 players in, and only 4 in the defensive unit, two of which in the same position.

5. GELLING, if anything we seem less together than we did on the opening day against Morecambe.

6. Harper and Lee, Opening day, they were both pinging balls around for fun, accurate cross field balls. Yesterday Harper was absent and Lee couldn't find anyone more than 20 yards away. Its like when we go forward or press they can't organise themselves into who stays and who goes, so they both go, as do both the full backs, leaving Edmundson and Burgess to be made to look like dicks on a quick counter. Carroll has to come in, but for who? Because they both need to sit out a couple, I never thought I'd be praying for Nolan.

Theres lots more, but I'm starting to get pi55ed off again, so I'll stop.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 11:23]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Waited for today to do this on 11:11 - Sep 12 with 404 viewsSamWhiteUK

Agree with basically all of this, except point 3...

Lincoln hit 5
Waited for today to do this on 11:14 - Sep 12 with 384 viewspointofblue

Slight correction as we signed four new players in defence - Burgess, Coulson, Edmundson and Penney.

Agree with the majority of the rest except the miserable performances from Edmundson and Burgess weren’t just because of the non-existent midfield, though it didn’t help. Woolfenden and Burgess managed open play attacks far better as a unit despite having nothing in front of them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024