Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get in there. 18:05 - Sep 18 with 1429 viewsOldboy

Just on my way back. Our support was fantastic. We were good first half and hanging on a little second. Think we just about edged it. Not sure the fuss over our goal, Bonne was just strongest and wanted it more. Like I have said many times before, don't care how we win, just win football matches. Now we need to keep it going. First happy Saturday night for ages. Love it.
Get in there. on 19:10 - Sep 18 with 1250 viewsunstableblue

Thanks Oldboy

As Burns said in his interview this week... what the team needed was just a win, almost a scrappy, rubbish game, limited performance kind of win

Monkey off our back

Sounded like we were still making basic errors first half, and rode our luck second

But still a long long way to go.. and who knows we may lose to Sheff Weds

But I expect us to spank Doncaster and go on a run with Morsey and Celina up to speed.. and I think it could be quite a run

What is of interest is how important this strong 2 x 11 squad is... Coulson can be replaced by Penney, Fraser by Aluko, KVY by Donacien.. this will be a big factor in where we go

Still think in a month we'll be a bit suprprised by the final preferred 11

One thing.. so so so pleased for Cook after the week he has had, hope he can now spend some time with his family and have some peace

Still a lot of work to be done though... don't think Lincoln were fully on it today from what I heard on the radio

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Get in there. on 19:43 - Sep 18 with 1115 viewsOldboy

Get in there. on 19:10 - Sep 18 by unstableblue

Thanks Oldboy

As Burns said in his interview this week... what the team needed was just a win, almost a scrappy, rubbish game, limited performance kind of win

Monkey off our back

Sounded like we were still making basic errors first half, and rode our luck second

But still a long long way to go.. and who knows we may lose to Sheff Weds

But I expect us to spank Doncaster and go on a run with Morsey and Celina up to speed.. and I think it could be quite a run

What is of interest is how important this strong 2 x 11 squad is... Coulson can be replaced by Penney, Fraser by Aluko, KVY by Donacien.. this will be a big factor in where we go

Still think in a month we'll be a bit suprprised by the final preferred 11

One thing.. so so so pleased for Cook after the week he has had, hope he can now spend some time with his family and have some peace

Still a lot of work to be done though... don't think Lincoln were fully on it today from what I heard on the radio

Lincoln were not playing badly, we were just containing them. The back 4 were pretty solid all game. Donacien was so good. Fraser was good and their keeper pulled off a great save late on to deny him. All in all, much, much better performance. Winning breads winners, so onwards and upwards. So good feeling like this again.
Get in there. on 19:53 - Sep 18 with 1047 viewsunstableblue

Get in there. on 19:43 - Sep 18 by Oldboy

Lincoln were not playing badly, we were just containing them. The back 4 were pretty solid all game. Donacien was so good. Fraser was good and their keeper pulled off a great save late on to deny him. All in all, much, much better performance. Winning breads winners, so onwards and upwards. So good feeling like this again.

winning breeds confidence and belief... and they drive winning

if we'd not made those ridiculous individual errors and had such terrible game management in 4 games.. we'd be up the table and flying

what was key is that after Bolton there was a great chance that we could completely folded... teams can really slide after that kind of performance

as burns and morsey said this calibre player tends to have the personality to no let that happen

as you say we finally got a solid back four... and surprise for fecking surprise that's probably because edmondson and burgess had some further time to gel

long long long way to go.. and many more bumps to come

but what i loved about the radio commentary was mathie stating on numerous occasion that our attaking play was brilliant.. and thats what we want on top of some solid basics

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Get in there. on 20:02 - Sep 18 with 1002 viewsOldboy

Get in there. on 19:53 - Sep 18 by unstableblue

winning breeds confidence and belief... and they drive winning

if we'd not made those ridiculous individual errors and had such terrible game management in 4 games.. we'd be up the table and flying

what was key is that after Bolton there was a great chance that we could completely folded... teams can really slide after that kind of performance

as burns and morsey said this calibre player tends to have the personality to no let that happen

as you say we finally got a solid back four... and surprise for fecking surprise that's probably because edmondson and burgess had some further time to gel

long long long way to go.. and many more bumps to come

but what i loved about the radio commentary was mathie stating on numerous occasion that our attaking play was brilliant.. and thats what we want on top of some solid basics

We haven't seen that type of attacking since early MM years. Think Carroll could be massive for us. He was superb today. If he keeps that up, protecting the back 4,. then we will be top 6 no problem. Good solid team performance, which is all I have been asking for. Really think that this is the turning point. Once we were ahead today, I didn't see us conceding. Love the feeling you get when your team wins.
Get in there. on 20:23 - Sep 18 with 908 viewsAtticus

Gerrin! Anyone see Mourinho running to the fans at the end of the game?

Love it! Not unexpected at all!

Not from the same playbook that happened before. LOL.
Get in there. on 20:25 - Sep 18 with 900 viewsArnieM

Get in there. on 19:43 - Sep 18 by Oldboy

ALL good / successful teams are built from the back. Get the defensive side to our collective team and we will be bloody awesome., because we have flair and goals throughout this squad. It just hasn’t got bedded in yet.

Happy journey home 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Get in there. on 20:27 - Sep 18 with 876 viewsOldboy

Get in there. on 20:23 - Sep 18 by Atticus

Gerrin! Anyone see Mourinho running to the fans at the end of the game?

Love it! Not unexpected at all!

Not from the same playbook that happened before. LOL.

Not sure what any of that means, but guess you are happy.
Get in there. on 20:36 - Sep 18 with 851 viewsAtticus

Get in there. on 20:27 - Sep 18 by Oldboy

Not sure what any of that means, but guess you are happy.

I am!

Seeing the scenes of Ashton running to the clueless Ipswich fans was comedy gold to us lot.

That really is a keeper of a video
Login to get fewer ads

Get in there. on 20:39 - Sep 18 with 824 viewsOldboy

Get in there. on 20:36 - Sep 18 by Atticus

I am!

Seeing the scenes of Ashton running to the clueless Ipswich fans was comedy gold to us lot.

That really is a keeper of a video

"clueless Ipswich fans"? Why don't you just f**k off. Today is a good day and we don't need a kn*b like you around.
Get in there. on 08:33 - Sep 19 with 480 viewsOldboy

Get in there. on 20:25 - Sep 18 by ArnieM

ALL good / successful teams are built from the back. Get the defensive side to our collective team and we will be bloody awesome., because we have flair and goals throughout this squad. It just hasn’t got bedded in yet.

Happy journey home 👍

Not a great believer of the whole bedding in stuff, but perhaps you have a point. We certainly played as a team and I guess that takes time. Just need to keep that tempo and performance for the rest of the season and we will be top 6 no problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024