Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc 19:53 - Sep 18 with 3355 viewsHipsterectomy

It seems similiar to what happened here - no money being spent, a team of average or not very good footballers, Mick saying he's delighted with the squad and protecting the owner who won't spend money. I'm surprised as last season they seemed to be winning every week. I guess with that brand of football people lose patience easily.

Some comments from their forum:

"Other than that not much in it - but by christ it was so boring to watch. We seemed bereft of any semblance of tactics or a plan in any way shape or form."

"little to no interest in creating chances in open play just praying one long throw will create an opening to score. Tactically it belongs in the jurassic era and it WILL result in MM losing his job and it's just a matter of when he goes."

"he continues doing the same turgid rubbish every week."

"It’s becoming harder and harder to get enthused about watching such poor football. I just will have to grin and bear it until those clowns who gave him a 2 year contract grow a pair and get shot of him"

"Mick is "experienced" but we will slowly get worse under him he is too arrogant to change anything even if it was within his capabilities to do it, which sadly I don't think is even an option."

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

These comments are nothing new.... on 19:59 - Sep 18 with 2825 viewsunstableblue

.. even when they were flying last season MANY fans were questioning whether they were enjoying the football being served up

to be fair to Mick he's been hamstrung with his budget, I think if Mick he has some high quality players, can mix his pragmatism with energy and provide somewhat entertaining football as we saw in our play-off (built on sand) push

why he's p!ssed off a lot of Cardiff fans is he's saying the squad is OK

unfortunately its 2021 and fans want progressive and technical managers (I dare anyone to now question the use of those terms) who provide football that is exciting to watch

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

These comments are nothing new.... on 20:03 - Sep 18 with 2768 viewsMattinLondon

These comments are nothing new.... on 19:59 - Sep 18 by unstableblue

.. even when they were flying last season MANY fans were questioning whether they were enjoying the football being served up

to be fair to Mick he's been hamstrung with his budget, I think if Mick he has some high quality players, can mix his pragmatism with energy and provide somewhat entertaining football as we saw in our play-off (built on sand) push

why he's p!ssed off a lot of Cardiff fans is he's saying the squad is OK

unfortunately its 2021 and fans want progressive and technical managers (I dare anyone to now question the use of those terms) who provide football that is exciting to watch

On one hand, when you look at the table they are only three points off the playoffs and on that basis he’s doing a great job. On the other, the longer he’s there, the more long term damage is done.

Cardiff for relegation in a couple seasons?

Edit. Two points off the playoffs - on that basis he’s doing a great job.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 20:04]
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:07 - Sep 18 with 2713 viewsGarv

What a weekend

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:15 - Sep 18 with 2629 viewsBramidan

Big surprise, many of us did say we hoped they weren't expecting goals or entertaining football.
Another manager who just seems to do the rounds and pick up decent contracts.
Short term.
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:19 - Sep 18 with 2600 viewschrismakin

Not as much as Norwich are for Farke

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/143938-how-many-games-before-we-change

didn't he recently sign a long term extension?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

These comments are nothing new.... on 20:19 - Sep 18 with 2589 viewsunstableblue

These comments are nothing new.... on 20:03 - Sep 18 by MattinLondon

On one hand, when you look at the table they are only three points off the playoffs and on that basis he’s doing a great job. On the other, the longer he’s there, the more long term damage is done.

Cardiff for relegation in a couple seasons?

Edit. Two points off the playoffs - on that basis he’s doing a great job.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 20:04]

The point is Matt that perhaps you'l make the play-offs, perhaps you'll get promoted...

perhaps you'll play 10 places above your budget and stay in a league!! and that will be better than some sh!t managerial appointment than gets you relegated

but you know what you won't really enjoy going to watch it regularly!!! you really really won't

and that's all that's happening at Cardiff... its 2021 no one want to watch that type of football anymore

(PS - don't get me wrong there some great performances to watch under Mick.. Millwall away who can forget it.... any many others.. and Mick is a great great man manager and guy... i just have a problem with the rabid Mick cultists who were out this week.. who have created this weird narrative that 80% of the fans didn't want him out, and the virtually the entire north stand sang "you're football is sh!t", and that everyone was numb skulls...... I suppose the cardiff fans are numb skulls now?)

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:21 - Sep 18 with 2578 viewsArnieM

Lol, oh why am I not surprised to hear Cardiff fans are losing it with Messiah Mick.

He’s brilliant at shoring up losing teams and making them difficult to beat, but he’s not a builder of teams, and not an attacking , entertaining manager of sides. All credit to him for what he has done at Clubs, but the 11 men behind the ball, and the “I’m happy with a point” approach wears thin after a while. At Town it took 5 years to grind me down, with his approach. I’m grateful for what he didn’t initially, but I’m happier with Cooks approach. And Cooks approach with this squad is only going to get better in my humble opinion….. we just have to stick with him.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 2536 viewschrismakin

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:21 - Sep 18 by ArnieM

Lol, oh why am I not surprised to hear Cardiff fans are losing it with Messiah Mick.

He’s brilliant at shoring up losing teams and making them difficult to beat, but he’s not a builder of teams, and not an attacking , entertaining manager of sides. All credit to him for what he has done at Clubs, but the 11 men behind the ball, and the “I’m happy with a point” approach wears thin after a while. At Town it took 5 years to grind me down, with his approach. I’m grateful for what he didn’t initially, but I’m happier with Cooks approach. And Cooks approach with this squad is only going to get better in my humble opinion….. we just have to stick with him.

Same thing will happen

Crowds die down, he leaves
next manager tries to change the club
club gets relegated

happened at Wolves, Sunderland and town. 3 times is to much to be a coincedence

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:30 - Sep 18 with 2486 viewsfarkenhell

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:19 - Sep 18 by chrismakin

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/143938-how-many-games-before-we-change

I hope he goes soon. I can then finally get rid of this feckin username!
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:32 - Sep 18 with 2463 viewschrismakin

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:30 - Sep 18 by farkenhell

I hope he goes soon. I can then finally get rid of this feckin username!

It'll be fatsamhell

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:35 - Sep 18 with 2444 viewsIpswichKnight

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:19 - Sep 18 by chrismakin

Hohohoho that was enjoyable, no mention that they’ve actually lost there last 15 premier league games and scored 3 goals in total 2 of which have been against Watford!
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:40 - Sep 18 with 2395 viewsfarkenhell

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:32 - Sep 18 by chrismakin

It'll be fatsamhell

Hehe - I'll remember that!

Also, although my name's not Sam, the rest of it is not entirely inaccurate!
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 21:03 - Sep 18 with 2253 viewspointofblue

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 20:40 - Sep 18 by farkenhell

Hehe - I'll remember that!

Also, although my name's not Sam, the rest of it is not entirely inaccurate!

I think chrismakin is suggesting Allardyce will be Norwich’s next manager.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 21:06 - Sep 18 with 2228 viewsfarkenhell

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 21:03 - Sep 18 by pointofblue

I think chrismakin is suggesting Allardyce will be Norwich’s next manager.

I know

And I'm fat.

As well as going to hell!
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 21:33 - Sep 18 with 2056 viewsBasuco

18 month's is about as long as most fans can take the dull, boring anti-football, he will get you out of trouble but don't expect to be excited very much, just hope I don't get to watch a team managed by him play again.
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 21:34 - Sep 18 with 2041 viewswitchdoctor

and yet only this week there have been calls by some for him to return here…🙄
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 21:48 - Sep 18 with 1952 viewsIllinoisblue

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 21:34 - Sep 18 by witchdoctor

and yet only this week there have been calls by some for him to return here…🙄

Think it was just sitters to be fair

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 1721 viewsDarth_Koont

The problem with Mick is that he’s an older manager and a target because of it.

We had managers either side of Mick serve up as turgid, if not even more turgid, fare and without being competitive either. But there was never the view that it was because they were old school dinosaurs.

I don’t think football fans are generally all that clued up on football below the Prem and the completely different complexities involved in getting a team to be attractive to watch and competitive/successful at the same time. It’s way more attritional than that even with the sides that generally go up automatically.

Pronouns: He/Him

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:16 - Sep 18 with 1634 viewspointofblue

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 22:57 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

We had managers either side of Mick serve up as turgid, if not even more turgid, fare and without being competitive either. But there was never the view that it was because they were old school dinosaurs.

I don’t think football fans are generally all that clued up on football below the Prem and the completely different complexities involved in getting a team to be attractive to watch and competitive/successful at the same time. It’s way more attritional than that even with the sides that generally go up automatically.

The only one I can think of post Sheepshanks is Cook himself. Magilton was, in general, pretty forward thinking whilst Keane's time became turgid but he was always disliked. Jewell's time was thrilling for a neutral but heart attack inducing for Town fans. Hurst's was horrific and Lambert little better but I'm sure every Ipswich fan would have Mick back over either of them.

Cook's run at the end of last season was painful, however. The difference between him and Mick is the latter protected the players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:20 - Sep 18 with 1608 viewsunstableblue

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 22:57 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

Oh come on Darth:

“ We had managers either side of Mick serve up as turgid, if not even more turgid, fare and without being competitive either. But there was never the view that it was because they were old school dinosaurs.”

We didn’t call Jewell and Hurst ‘old school dinosaurs’, because we realised after the initial hope, that their abilities were woeful, we called them f@ckin useless and completely out of their depth charlatans put in place by a hopeless owner who’s secret football consultant was bagpuss

Why can’t people just be honest as the Cardiff fans are being now? The football under mick in general wasn’t good to watch… why do we keep feckin debating this

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:28 - Sep 18 with 1569 viewsDarth_Koont

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:20 - Sep 18 by unstableblue

Oh come on Darth:

“ We had managers either side of Mick serve up as turgid, if not even more turgid, fare and without being competitive either. But there was never the view that it was because they were old school dinosaurs.”

We didn’t call Jewell and Hurst ‘old school dinosaurs’, because we realised after the initial hope, that their abilities were woeful, we called them f@ckin useless and completely out of their depth charlatans put in place by a hopeless owner who’s secret football consultant was bagpuss

Why can’t people just be honest as the Cardiff fans are being now? The football under mick in general wasn’t good to watch… why do we keep feckin debating this

It was the best football over the past dozen years though and more against the odds than any other manager since Royle’s last season when he was relying on academy players to fill gaps.

As I said, I don’t think people know what they’re watching and in what league half the time.

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:39 - Sep 18 with 1504 viewsScottCandage

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:28 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

It was the best football over the past dozen years though and more against the odds than any other manager since Royle’s last season when he was relying on academy players to fill gaps.

As I said, I don’t think people know what they’re watching and in what league half the time.

A Yugo may have been better than a Lada but that doesn't make it a good car.
Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:39 - Sep 18 with 1504 viewsunstableblue

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:28 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

Play off season under Mick was good to watch in many games, not all

It went down hill pretty quickly, apart from actually some good (very) occasional stand out performances

But to suggest Micks team performances were better than the rich home vein of form under Magilton when Walters was in his pomp… you’re on drugs!! We scored 5 goals on 4 occasions, we beat Norwich 3-1

PLEASE can we remember clearly, and finally move on

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:53 - Sep 18 with 1456 viewsDarth_Koont

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:39 - Sep 18 by unstableblue

Play off season under Mick was good to watch in many games, not all

It went down hill pretty quickly, apart from actually some good (very) occasional stand out performances

But to suggest Micks team performances were better than the rich home vein of form under Magilton when Walters was in his pomp… you’re on drugs!! We scored 5 goals on 4 occasions, we beat Norwich 3-1

PLEASE can we remember clearly, and finally move on

We also had more money relative to the division then. Even in Jim’s first season let alone his last.

As long as we remember the context then there’s nothing to move on from. And I’ve generally forgiven and forgotten the fans who made supporting Ipswich under the latter days of Mick so dispiriting.

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 00:15 - Sep 19 with 1386 viewsunstableblue

Cardiff fans seem to be losing it with Mick Mc on 23:53 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

We also had more money relative to the division then. Even in Jim’s first season let alone his last.

As long as we remember the context then there’s nothing to move on from. And I’ve generally forgiven and forgotten the fans who made supporting Ipswich under the latter days of Mick so dispiriting.

Arghhhhhhh…. Make it stop!!

It’s like you’ve all joined a cult

In the 07/08 season where we played football of an entertainment level miles ahead of any of micks and finished 1 point off the play offs

Beating Bristol City 6-0, 4-1 against Weds, 3-1 Leicester, beating the scum..

We had Bruce, Harding, Garvan and Lee as our high appearance players… feckin Danny Haynes played 20 games… and he was sh!t

Yes de vos and Miller were there but they were tiring

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024