Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penny and kvy 23:51 - Nov 23 with 743 viewspennblue

For me, cooks style is to have full backs bombing forward and these two are the best we have fit at doing that

When Penney came on we looked a threat down the left hand side, that is what Penney gives us

That is why the goals have dried up imo

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Penny and kvy on 23:57 - Nov 23 with 697 viewsGarv

Agree completely. There's only so long you can persistent with JD in a system that is all about width, and Penney has shown he's a good outlet all season and it was frightening how much more attack minded than Clements he was when he came on.

That's my main criticism of Cook tonight, playing Clements over Penney. We'd have still lost but we'd have had a better chance of scoring.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Penny and kvy on 00:45 - Nov 24 with 611 viewsbournemouthblue

Penny and kvy on 23:57 - Nov 23 by Garv

Agree completely. There's only so long you can persistent with JD in a system that is all about width, and Penney has shown he's a good outlet all season and it was frightening how much more attack minded than Clements he was when he came on.

That's my main criticism of Cook tonight, playing Clements over Penney. We'd have still lost but we'd have had a better chance of scoring.

As promising as Clements looks, this wasn't just 1 too many games but 2

I appreciate Rotherham eventually sat back allowing us to attack them and Penny may have been exposed earlier in the game but I'd like to think his attacking ability, may at least have dragged their players back up the pitch.

I appreciate Norwood's days are numbered but he's the kind of hustley and bustley player who would get amongst their defenders and free up space for our wingers and of course Bonne, I actually think he'd be worth a look in the number 10 role himself

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Penny and kvy on 00:58 - Nov 24 with 587 viewsGarv

Penny and kvy on 00:45 - Nov 24 by bournemouthblue

As promising as Clements looks, this wasn't just 1 too many games but 2

I appreciate Rotherham eventually sat back allowing us to attack them and Penny may have been exposed earlier in the game but I'd like to think his attacking ability, may at least have dragged their players back up the pitch.

I appreciate Norwood's days are numbered but he's the kind of hustley and bustley player who would get amongst their defenders and free up space for our wingers and of course Bonne, I actually think he'd be worth a look in the number 10 role himself

Norwood must have royally upset the management and/or hierarchy at the club because he'd be worth a go ahead of an out form Bonne and whoever is impersonating Pigott.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Penny and kvy on 07:46 - Nov 24 with 380 viewsHighgateBlue

JD has been one of our most consistent players this season. He's been just fine in some of our wins. I really do think looking at this season as a whole the problem has been defensive rather than attacking. 0-0s against Sunderland and Rotherham, given where they are in the table, would've been just fine.
Penny and kvy on 07:54 - Nov 24 with 358 viewspennblue

We might have still lost, but it would have been a very different game of football as the crowd would have picked up and got behind the team.

As it was it might have been a home game for Rotherham as there was nothing for the fans to get excited about.

I realise both kvy and Penney have shown defensive fragility this season but you can fix that, and if you can’t we need to get reinforcements who can play like that.

To be fair to JD, he is perfectly capable at getting forward, perhaps not as good as kvy at it, but last night there was no threat down either flank. We need two down each side overlapping, that is the system.

Whilst Rotherham may have sussed our game plan of doing this (it’s no real secret that is what we will be doing), as Mills said on the radio we need Bonne and the front players moving around a lot more which Chaplin and Bonne got going. Then it does not matter if we have one plan, if we execute it well the opposition won’t be able to cope with it anyway

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Penny and kvy on 08:08 - Nov 24 with 327 viewsOldboy

I did warn of this before the game. If it is obvious to me, it should be obvious to a manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024