Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd sack the fans 15:42 - Nov 24 with 2058 viewstonydinning

Someone said, "we've changed the team, the owners and the manager, what's left to change?"

May I make myself wildly popular and suggest the supporters?

They didn't show up yesterday from the get go. 90 minutes of standing and sitting in silence, with the occasional "hilarious" snide joke or growl of disappointment.

The atmosphere yesterday was somewhere between torrid and poisonous.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 15:43]

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

I'd sack the fans on 22:46 - Nov 24 with 226 viewspointofblue

I'd sack the fans on 21:51 - Nov 24 by Sarge

It was a terrible performance worthy of scorn but straight from the off there were a number of fans around me moaning and groaning and shouting meaningless football parlance at the players. These people are terrible fans.

Think the issue was the fans were on edge going down there - since Wycombe we've scored three (all against League Two Oldham) despite playing three out of four games against opposition from the league below, and threw away the other. The gap the top six was growing and no one went to the stadium which much confidence.

Then Rotherham started brightly and it became obvious how it was going to go. I'll be honest, I think something snapped with the fanbase last night - the realisation how things have barely improved, or arguably gone backwards, despite so much change and money spent. Yes, the toxicity is starting to grow but it's hardly a surprise.

Unlike in Mick's day where it flooded undiluted or controlled there is still time to put it back in the bottle but it's rapidly running out and Gamechanger, O'Leary, Ashton, Cook and the players all need to realise this rather than coming out with empty platitudes about aspiring to be Rotherham and knowing they must do better.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024