Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extremely long shot - Payne’s Barbers (St Margaret’s Street, Ipswich) 18:19 - Mar 9 with 1010 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Does anyone know what the building that was Payne’s Barber’s is now, if anything?
Extremely long shot - Payne’s Barbers (St Margaret’s Street, Ipswich) on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 864 viewsJ2BLUE

I love a bit of detective work so hopefully i've got this right...

The site of the Odeon cinema building in St Margarets Street, Ipswich, now due to be converted to a church, as it was in the mid 1930s. It was then a busy row of shops including H Sugar, greengrocer, Herbert Havel gramophone dealers and Leonard Payne ladies and gentlemen hairdressers

Picture: GUY MAYNARD COURTESY COLCHESTER AND IPSWICH MUSEUM

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/the-changes-of-majors-corner-and-st-margaret-

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Extremely long shot - Payne’s Barbers (St Margaret’s Street, Ipswich) on 07:05 - Mar 10 with 711 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Extremely long shot - Payne’s Barbers (St Margaret’s Street, Ipswich) on 21:13 - Mar 9 by J2BLUE

I love a bit of detective work so hopefully i've got this right...

The site of the Odeon cinema building in St Margarets Street, Ipswich, now due to be converted to a church, as it was in the mid 1930s. It was then a busy row of shops including H Sugar, greengrocer, Herbert Havel gramophone dealers and Leonard Payne ladies and gentlemen hairdressers

Picture: GUY MAYNARD COURTESY COLCHESTER AND IPSWICH MUSEUM

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/the-changes-of-majors-corner-and-st-margaret-

Thank you so much. Really appreciate that.
Extremely long shot - Payne’s Barbers (St Margaret’s Street, Ipswich) on 08:55 - Mar 10 with 648 viewsGuthrum

One of my great-grandfathers ran a hairdressers on Fore St in the early decades of the 20th century.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Extremely long shot - Payne’s Barbers (St Margaret’s Street, Ipswich) on 09:20 - Mar 10 with 621 viewsNthQldITFC

Extremely long shot - Payne’s Barbers (St Margaret’s Street, Ipswich) on 08:55 - Mar 10 by Guthrum

One of my great-grandfathers ran a hairdressers on Fore St in the early decades of the 20th century.

Oh I do so hope he called his shop 'Fore Locks' and catered to the aristocracy.

Then again twee puns probably weren't à la mode for shop names in those days. I would have been out of work.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024