Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play ref. 16:43 - Mar 12 with 773 viewsjeera

Nt

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fair play ref. on 16:45 - Mar 12 with 754 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What actually happened? Radio commentary seemed to suggest that Cowley came on the pitch to obstruct Thompson. I presume that isn't entirely accurate as it would surely have been a red card if it was during play!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fair play ref. on 16:47 - Mar 12 with 699 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fair play ref. on 16:45 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

What actually happened? Radio commentary seemed to suggest that Cowley came on the pitch to obstruct Thompson. I presume that isn't entirely accurate as it would surely have been a red card if it was during play!

I think it was accidental at first from Cowley when Thompson wanted to take a quick throw. Thompson lost his head and Cowley then responded and carried it on.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Fair play ref. on 16:49 - Mar 12 with 679 viewsRozz

Fair play ref. on 16:45 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Cowley out of his technical area on the touchline, gets in the way of Thompson trying to take a throw. Thompson gives him a shove onto the pitch and then seems to go mental at everyone including Chaplin trying to pull him away.
Fair play ref. on 16:52 - Mar 12 with 611 viewsjeera

Fair play ref. on 16:49 - Mar 12 by Rozz

Cowley out of his technical area on the touchline, gets in the way of Thompson trying to take a throw. Thompson gives him a shove onto the pitch and then seems to go mental at everyone including Chaplin trying to pull him away.

I thought ref was going to show red but he noted Cowley still trying to wind up Thompson.

Fair play ref. on 17:01 - Mar 12 with 514 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Fair play ref. on 16:52 - Mar 12 by jeera

I thought ref was going to show red but he noted Cowley still trying to wind up Thompson.

But if Cowley is out of his technical area preventing Thompson from taking the throw, was it one of those where he has pretended to get the ball for him only to stop him getting it, or otherwise surely it should be a red for Cowley shouldn't it?

It matters little. I did fear the ref might have shown both a red from the way it was described so I am glad that didn't happen. Shame we couldn't get the winner but that result might well be enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fair play ref. on 17:04 - Mar 12 with 457 viewsRozz

Fair play ref. on 17:01 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

But if Cowley is out of his technical area preventing Thompson from taking the throw, was it one of those where he has pretended to get the ball for him only to stop him getting it, or otherwise surely it should be a red for Cowley shouldn't it?

It matters little. I did fear the ref might have shown both a red from the way it was described so I am glad that didn't happen. Shame we couldn't get the winner but that result might well be enough.

Cowley had his back to him, don't think you could say it was 100% deliberate. My initial thought was he should've been booked for being outside his area. He wasn't going to get anything until he persisted in mouthing off.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 17:04]
Fair play ref. on 17:07 - Mar 12 with 408 viewsjeera

Fair play ref. on 17:04 - Mar 12 by Rozz

Cowley had his back to him, don't think you could say it was 100% deliberate. My initial thought was he should've been booked for being outside his area. He wasn't going to get anything until he persisted in mouthing off.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 17:04]

That's what pissed me off, the way he then pursued Thompson when it should have been done and dusted.

No need to try to reignite him when he was clearly wound up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024