Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? 23:13 - Apr 19 with 1951 viewspointofblue

Disparaging about Rotherham's style on Saturday, a dig at Wigan turning the game into "what they wanted" today - he's got a very clear way of wanting us to play and for us not to allow games to turn into scraps; not to allow the opposition to get to us.

It's a risk as some will argue we've missed a nasty, niggly streak for too long but I really hope it works out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:15 - Apr 19 with 1895 viewsBlueBadger

He HAS spent a long time at Man U, some of which would have been under Fergie..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:17 - Apr 19 with 1877 viewsIllinoisblue

I get he’ll answer if he’s asked about it but It’s all a bit sour grapes. “Why won’t teams roll over and let us play our pretty football”. Because this is L1 where dreams go to die.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:17 - Apr 19 with 1871 viewsStrimmer

With that plus Morsy's comments at the start of the year (can't remember who it was about, very disparaging 'non league ground' jibe) we might just have ourselves a couple of arrogant b@stards in charge and I wouldn't mind that tbh, inherent risk acknowledged.

Poll: Was it a punch?

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:18 - Apr 19 with 1859 viewspointofblue

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:15 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

He HAS spent a long time at Man U, some of which would have been under Fergie..

Not sure if he was ever at United under Ferguson was he? Didn't he spend some time at Spurs with Pochettino before moving to United under Mourinho and then Solskjaer?

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:19 - Apr 19 with 1829 viewspointofblue

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:17 - Apr 19 by Strimmer

With that plus Morsy's comments at the start of the year (can't remember who it was about, very disparaging 'non league ground' jibe) we might just have ourselves a couple of arrogant b@stards in charge and I wouldn't mind that tbh, inherent risk acknowledged.

Accrington. Might be why Andy Reid lashed out at him after the game at Portman Road.

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:20 - Apr 19 with 1822 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:18 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

Not sure if he was ever at United under Ferguson was he? Didn't he spend some time at Spurs with Pochettino before moving to United under Mourinho and then Solskjaer?

Mourinho is a master of siege mentality. And I'm sure Ole has a few tales to tell about it...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:21 - Apr 19 with 1799 viewspointofblue

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:17 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

I get he’ll answer if he’s asked about it but It’s all a bit sour grapes. “Why won’t teams roll over and let us play our pretty football”. Because this is L1 where dreams go to die.

I don't think he's saying that though - he says he doesn't want us to be drawn into scrappy games and to get dragged into gamesmanship. Whether it's a pipe dream we'll see; as I said in the OP I think some will say we need the nasty, niggly edge ourselves.

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:27 - Apr 19 with 1723 viewsIllinoisblue

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:21 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

I don't think he's saying that though - he says he doesn't want us to be drawn into scrappy games and to get dragged into gamesmanship. Whether it's a pipe dream we'll see; as I said in the OP I think some will say we need the nasty, niggly edge ourselves.

It’s the sort of quote that gets picked up local rags of opposition teams and we get a reputation of being a bit soft and unable to cope with the toughness of L1. It’s all bollox anyway, we won’t be playing Wigan or Rotherham next season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:48 - Apr 19 with 1604 viewspointofblue

McKenna is really setting up a them v us isn't he? on 23:27 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

It’s the sort of quote that gets picked up local rags of opposition teams and we get a reputation of being a bit soft and unable to cope with the toughness of L1. It’s all bollox anyway, we won’t be playing Wigan or Rotherham next season.

I don't think we can handle it at the moment, except for Morsy and Norwood. McKenna sounding disparaging about it the press or not doesn't change that we, to paraphrase Corporal Jones, don't like it up us.

I am interested to see what he chooses to do in the summer. As Blue Badger pointed out elsewhere, we played wonderful football under Burley but still had players (Taricco, Naylor, Magilton) who appreciated the dark arts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024