Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worthing looking like a tory loss to labour 14:23 - May 6 with 669 viewsvilanovablue

In my eyes that would be a pretty significant win for them.
Worthing looking like a tory loss to labour on 14:25 - May 6 with 651 viewsvilanovablue

My bad it was NOC but still for it to swing to labour feels quite significant.
Worthing looking like a tory loss to labour on 14:30 - May 6 with 642 viewsEastTownBlue

It ha been gradually heading that way. People being priced out of Brighton is the usual reason provided.
Worthing looking like a tory loss to labour on 14:34 - May 6 with 623 viewsvilanovablue

Worthing looking like a tory loss to labour on 14:30 - May 6 by EastTownBlue

It ha been gradually heading that way. People being priced out of Brighton is the usual reason provided.

Living in Eastbourne I get that.
Worthing looking like a tory loss to labour on 14:36 - May 6 with 612 viewsvilanovablue

Worth adding in 2017 Labour held no seats on the council.
Worthing looking like a tory loss to labour on 20:43 - May 6 with 461 viewsKeno

There is much more to it than that

Over the past 30 plus year Worthing has effectively become a South London overspill with extensive 'affordable' housing seeing thousands of people moving south.

Add to that change in demographics the population in becoming much younger which usually gives a 'left leading swing'

Also Worthing has for sometime been appallingly run, with little real development. One just off centre town site has been virtually derelict for 20 years and the major town centre focal point built 40 years ago is basically as much use as a trophy cabinet at Carrow Road

The sea front town centre could be re-developed but become a magnet for pound shops, charity shops and Wetherspoons

The tory council have been lazy, arrogant and conceited and deserve every vote against them
[Post edited 6 May 2022 20:43]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024