Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Shipley to Shrews 13:20 - May 11 with 651 viewsOwainG1992

A player we looked at in the past.
Think we'd be aiming higher nowadays but a cracking signing for them it has to be said.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Jordan Shipley to Shrews on 14:13 - May 11 with 499 viewsChrisd

What I've realised over the time is not to judge and see what unfolds. From our point of view whenever we sign players there's a huge over reaction of how good they are, when in reality, we should give them a good amount of games before forming our judgements. What they have done and achieved in the past counts for little, it's what they do now which is most important.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:16]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jordan Shipley to Shrews on 14:19 - May 11 with 464 viewsjayessess

Shrews might be decent next year, they finished the second half of the season pretty strong. Rather surprised they've got the budget to do that sort of thing though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jordan Shipley to Shrews on 14:23 - May 11 with 455 viewsSTYG

Jordan Shipley to Shrews on 14:13 - May 11 by Chrisd

What I've realised over the time is not to judge and see what unfolds. From our point of view whenever we sign players there's a huge over reaction of how good they are, when in reality, we should give them a good amount of games before forming our judgements. What they have done and achieved in the past counts for little, it's what they do now which is most important.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:16]

Exactly.

Harper, Edwards and Thompson had all played in the Premier League in the 6 months before we signed them. One drifted out of the squad, the other followed suit and the latter was okay but not someone I'd want us to sign permanently as, weirdly, I think there are better we can get.

Then you have the unanimous choice for player of the season from fans, players and sponsors, a guy that scored 6 goals for a pretty poor Fleetwood side!

It's impossible to know what we are getting, needless to say I trust McKenna and the scouting system to lead a stats driven approach to finding the perfect fits for us and Ashton to sign off on the ones that also work from a business point of view (age, wage, resale etc).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024