Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody hell! 09:04 - May 18 with 441 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61484697

'The region should now expect a heatwave that exceeds the record temperatures seen in 2010 once every three years.'

'The extreme pre-monsoon heatwave the region has suffered in recent weeks eased a little after peak temperatures reached 51C in Pakistan on Saturday.
But the heat looks likely to build again towards the end of this week and into the weekend, the Met Office's Global Guidance Unit warns.
It says maximum temperatures are likely to reach 50C in some spots, with continued very high overnight temperatures.'

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Bloody hell! on 09:08 - May 18 with 419 viewsgiant_stow

On my drunken train ride home yesterday, I thought I saw that the new record Delhi temprature had beaten the old by 3 degrees C or so - that can't be right can it? Please tell me my aged pissed-up eyes mislead me!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bloody hell! on 09:36 - May 18 with 331 viewsNthQldITFC

Bloody hell! on 09:08 - May 18 by giant_stow

On my drunken train ride home yesterday, I thought I saw that the new record Delhi temprature had beaten the old by 3 degrees C or so - that can't be right can it? Please tell me my aged pissed-up eyes mislead me!

Worldwide there have certainly been some records falling by relatively massive step-change amounts in the last few years. I get the feeling we're already well into a period of unpredictability in local events on a more severe scale than perhaps was expected, and the positive feedback loops that might, or are, being triggered are possibly the reasons for the step-change nature of these new records.

Never too late to try to make a difference though.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024