Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
**name of company name redacted** Hardship Fund 17:47 - May 27 with 600 viewsPendejo

This afternoon an email dropped into my inbox with the above title, was busy so didn't read it.
In a previous employment we had a fund for employees to request assistance from and a committee would decide upon its merits, which I was expecting this to be.

Seconds later Our M D called the management team into our meeting room and talked it thru.

Our company has decided to acknowledge potential hardships for price rises Etc by making a one off payment of £*00 gross against our June pay, which I think is great by don't understand why term it a hardship payment. Would rather it was termed a Jubilee Bonus as it's being paid to everyone BUT it must be applied for thru our HR... system.

Has anyone else's employers had a similar sudden fit of generosity?

Might just upgrade the quality of burgers and sausages I take to Edwardstones BBQ

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

**name of company name redacted** Hardship Fund on 18:21 - May 27 with 526 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I think they would have been wiser to simply say "In recognition of the hard work of everyone contributing to the success of the company, and in acknowledgement that many basic costs of living are rising, the board will make a one-off payment of £xx to every employee in your next month's pay."
**name of company name redacted** Hardship Fund on 21:06 - May 27 with 409 viewsArnoldMoorhen

**name of company name redacted** Hardship Fund on 18:21 - May 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

I think they would have been wiser to simply say "In recognition of the hard work of everyone contributing to the success of the company, and in acknowledgement that many basic costs of living are rising, the board will make a one-off payment of £xx to every employee in your next month's pay."

I should have added: it's a bit weird that they have called it a Hardship Fund and said that you have to apply.

Is it so that the money given is a grant, and therefore not NI and taxable?

It would make me a bit wary of applying. Are they trying to catch people out for dishonestly applying when not in hardship? So that they can let people go without paying redundancy by sacking them for misconduct if they wrongfully apply?

I would want the criteria in writing before making an application.

Very odd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024