Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Germany had scored from the breakaway 11:54 - Jun 8 with 760 viewsGeoffSentence

after the ref had initially not given the penalty.

That would have been thrilling wouldn't it.

Imagine the mayhem. German fans and team thrilled about putting the game to bed. Ref going back to var, goal disallowed and England scoring the subsequent penalty.

I almost wish it had happened.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If Germany had scored from the breakaway on 11:58 - Jun 8 with 728 viewsJakeITFC

Something similar happened when I went to Portugal v Switzerland in the Nations League finals in 2019 - what looked like a soft penalty appeal for Switzerland, Portugal break to the other box and their player gets clattered and they end up going back to the Switzerland penalty on VAR - incredibly confusing for a fan in the stands.

If Germany had scored from the breakaway on 12:05 - Jun 8 with 695 viewsGeoffSentence

If Germany had scored from the breakaway on 11:58 - Jun 8 by JakeITFC

Something similar happened when I went to Portugal v Switzerland in the Nations League finals in 2019 - what looked like a soft penalty appeal for Switzerland, Portugal break to the other box and their player gets clattered and they end up going back to the Switzerland penalty on VAR - incredibly confusing for a fan in the stands.

I wonder if refs would rather not give a decision immediately now, as they will get a chance for a proper look in a while.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If Germany had scored from the breakaway on 12:08 - Jun 8 with 680 viewsJakeITFC

If Germany had scored from the breakaway on 12:05 - Jun 8 by GeoffSentence

I wonder if refs would rather not give a decision immediately now, as they will get a chance for a proper look in a while.

I think that is true, and is (another) fault with VAR because of the nature of them saying it's only to overturn clear and obvious errors.
If Germany had scored from the breakaway on 13:07 - Jun 8 with 570 viewslongtimefan

If Germany had scored from the breakaway on 12:08 - Jun 8 by JakeITFC

I think that is true, and is (another) fault with VAR because of the nature of them saying it's only to overturn clear and obvious errors.

I think from a marking point of view referees will be penalized if they don't give the correct decision in real time, so it's in their interest to get it right first time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024