Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ifollow sound 14:57 - Jul 30 with 3345 viewsacj

Can’t understand a thing - I can hear a different commentary team in the background talking over ours, and our commentators are so quiet against the background stadium noise. Awful.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Ifollow sound on 16:09 - Jul 30 with 516 viewsDeano69

Can’t hear the away commentary on home now.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Ifollow sound on 22:41 - Jul 30 with 440 viewsSitfcB

If enough of you complain then surely something can be done. I reckon they could get Brenner and Mick feed in for the audio only users surely?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ifollow sound on 22:51 - Jul 30 with 429 viewsVeggie

Ifollow sound on 15:50 - Jul 30 by acj

Given the owners are from the states and will be using ifollow to watch us most weeks you’d think they’ll get this shower sorted as a priority.

They probably got different commentators in because of the constant moaning about Brenner and Mills. Now all of a sudden people realise they weren’t that bad after all. BCWYWF etc.
Ifollow sound on 00:48 - Jul 31 with 399 viewsjeera

Ifollow sound on 22:41 - Jul 30 by SitfcB

If enough of you complain then surely something can be done. I reckon they could get Brenner and Mick feed in for the audio only users surely?

I sent an email after the game and can only say the same as you there and repeat that people need to make their feelings known in numbers.

The service is paid for after all and if the customers aren't content with the service they need to know. It's their responsibility to deliver what's expected, not the other way around for the punter to accept poor service as a given.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ifollow sound on 07:33 - Jul 31 with 362 viewsDJR

Ifollow sound on 22:51 - Jul 30 by Veggie

They probably got different commentators in because of the constant moaning about Brenner and Mills. Now all of a sudden people realise they weren’t that bad after all. BCWYWF etc.

I don't think it's the moaning, it's a consequence of the decision to monetise it by taking it in-house because they presumably save something by not paying Radio Suffolk for the commentary.
Ifollow sound on 07:35 - Jul 31 with 361 viewsDJR

Ifollow sound on 00:48 - Jul 31 by jeera

I sent an email after the game and can only say the same as you there and repeat that people need to make their feelings known in numbers.

The service is paid for after all and if the customers aren't content with the service they need to know. It's their responsibility to deliver what's expected, not the other way around for the punter to accept poor service as a given.

I think the complaints need to go to Mark Ashton because it his decision to take things in-house. There's presumably no way they are going to carry on with Radio Suffolk for the video coverage (which is a shame), but if enough pressure is brought, maybe they could revert to Radio Suffolk for the audio coverage. I might add that I looked at what Forest TV offered last season and seem to recall they still had the BBC for the audio coverage.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 7:43]
Ifollow sound on 15:28 - Jul 31 with 312 viewsjeera

Ifollow sound on 07:35 - Jul 31 by DJR

I think the complaints need to go to Mark Ashton because it his decision to take things in-house. There's presumably no way they are going to carry on with Radio Suffolk for the video coverage (which is a shame), but if enough pressure is brought, maybe they could revert to Radio Suffolk for the audio coverage. I might add that I looked at what Forest TV offered last season and seem to recall they still had the BBC for the audio coverage.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 7:43]

Yes you were right there.

The reply I received was a suggestion to speak to the club so I will send the same email but to them instead.

I had rushed it off on the spur of the moment without much thought.

Ifollow sound on 15:46 - Jul 31 with 295 viewsDanTheMan

Ifollow sound on 00:48 - Jul 31 by jeera

I did wonder if they were told something at half time as it seemed they were trying to bit more descriptive during the second half.

But still not as good as Radio Suffolk.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Ifollow sound on 15:57 - Jul 31 with 282 viewsjeera

Ifollow sound on 15:46 - Jul 31 by DanTheMan

I did wonder if they were told something at half time as it seemed they were trying to bit more descriptive during the second half.

But still not as good as Radio Suffolk.

Commentating's a bit of skill isn't it and not one I'd have so I don't like to be too harsh.

But at the same time it's got to be of a certain level or it's pointless.

It did seem to improve a little as you say and maybe as the season progresses it will get better. As others have said that was definitely only suited to the screen and for those stuck with audio it must have have been a frustrating time.

I also missed Wooley even though I sometimes like to moan about him, he's become such a familiar feature it was weird without him. It felt like cheating on him.

Plus, for all his drabness, I like Mills and what he offers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024