Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leif Davis 10:33 - Jul 31 with 3759 viewsSTYG

Has a lot of Cresswell about him.

Height / stature wise. Appearance wise to a small degree. Gets forward. Clearly has a good delivery on him.

He wasn’t great yesterday but when Bournemouth fans wanted to keep him and they play a similar style, then he’s clearly going to be a good player.

Thought Leigh was very unlucky not to start given he’s had a good pre-season. On merit Leigh comes in for FGR but I’d imagine McKenna won’t want to hit Davis confidence wise this early on by making changes.

Could see one change maybe with Aluko or John-Jules in for Harness with Chaplin on the left.

For a game we should dominate possession I would expect Evans to start again. If Ball is fit and FGR like to build up centrally (no idea on how they play) then Ball should come in if fully fit, even if Evans did play well yesterday.

Think Bolton being so direct played into our hands because without that Ball type player we could have been exposed at times.
Leif Davis on 09:45 - Aug 1 with 607 viewsLeoMuff

Leif Davis on 09:30 - Aug 1 by BlueBlood90

He looked more Zeki Fryers than Aaron Cresswell in my opinion! I'm sure he'll get much, much better though so I'm not concerned.

I personally wouldn't have started Davis as Leigh has had a full pre-season using McKenna's way of playing and done very well. It was a lot to throw him in after 3-4 days of training.

I don't think you can drop Davis for FGR though as it would be a confidence knocker.

It was a mistake in my opinion, Leigh had the shirt after a decent pre season and should have kept it until Davis could make it his.

Same for John Jules though I could see why he might work later in the game against Turing defenders.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Leif Davis on 10:30 - Aug 1 with 560 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Leif Davis on 09:45 - Aug 1 by LeoMuff

It was a mistake in my opinion, Leigh had the shirt after a decent pre season and should have kept it until Davis could make it his.

Same for John Jules though I could see why he might work later in the game against Turing defenders.

He certainly is an enigma.
Leif Davis on 14:28 - Aug 2 with 471 viewsTractorTom5

Leif Davis on 12:13 - Jul 31 by DinnernotTea

Early days but he was more Penney than Creswell.

Penney’s never been given a good run of games here. Confidence must be rock bottom
McK ain’t gonna not play Lief who’s been spent money on is he and Leigh looked a good sub
As I’ve said before, watching Leeds ain’t given me any confidence in Leif but play him cos cost a million pound
Leif Davis on 17:49 - Aug 2 with 398 viewsTractorTom5

Leif Davis on 09:30 - Aug 1 by BlueBlood90

He looked more Zeki Fryers than Aaron Cresswell in my opinion! I'm sure he'll get much, much better though so I'm not concerned.

I personally wouldn't have started Davis as Leigh has had a full pre-season using McKenna's way of playing and done very well. It was a lot to throw him in after 3-4 days of training.

I don't think you can drop Davis for FGR though as it would be a confidence knocker.

So we’ll knock everyone else but not the million pound signing - sounds about right.
If I were Greg or Penney, I’d be off ASAP and who could blame them
Leif Davis on 10:52 - Aug 3 with 313 viewsBlueBlood90

Leif Davis on 17:49 - Aug 2 by TractorTom5

So we’ll knock everyone else but not the million pound signing - sounds about right.
If I were Greg or Penney, I’d be off ASAP and who could blame them

I said he looked more like Zeki Fryers than Aaron Cresswell. Is that not an enormous insult? However I'm not wetting the bed over one poor performance when he had no real preparation for the game. I just wouldn't have started him in the first place for the Bolton game.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Leif Davis on 11:08 - Aug 3 with 298 viewsmarkchips

Leif Davis on 10:52 - Aug 3 by BlueBlood90

I said he looked more like Zeki Fryers than Aaron Cresswell. Is that not an enormous insult? However I'm not wetting the bed over one poor performance when he had no real preparation for the game. I just wouldn't have started him in the first place for the Bolton game.

I think McKenna made the wrong call on Saturday, Leigh was much better prepared for the game.

There would have been no harm in giving the lad a week or so to settle in and then tell him he would get half a game to begin with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024