Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Wes Burns Appreciation Post|
at 09:10 29 Sep 2021
Sam Morsy, Lee Evans and Macauley Bonne will deservedly get a lot of praise for their performance last night but I thought Wes Burns was brilliant and always tried to do something positive.
He's been great in nearly every game I've seen him play so far and looks a very, very good signing!
|Best XI When Everyone Is Fit?|
at 12:03 1 Sep 2021
In my opinion it would be as below.
Having the likes of Lee Evans, Joe Pigott, Scott Fraser, Conor Chaplin etc who are all equally as good is incredible strength in depth for this division which will benefit us massively compared to the rest of the league over the winter months. COYB!
KVY Edumundson Burgess Coulson
Burns Celina Edwards
|Positives & Negatives|
at 10:43 18 Aug 2021
- Burgess impressed me at the back. Looked assured and won everything in the air. Bailed Hladky out many times with the long throws when he came out flapping thin air.
- Kyle Edwards looks absolutely class. I haven't seen us have a wide player who can run at defenders the way he did last night in years. He was clearly tired after 65 mins though so I'm surprised he lasted the full 90.
- Pigott looked good and held the ball up well. I think he really needs a goal to give him some added confidence and he'll come good.
- As earlier mentioned, Hladky looked pretty awful last night in my opinion. Set the tone with a misplaced pass which put us under pressure in the first minute and they nearly scored from the long throw. He came no where close to gathering one of those long throws all night and heavily depended on Burgess to head it away.
- Woolfenden's lack of composure on the ball. I lost count of how many times he stopped looking for a pass and aimlessly hoofed it up the park to nobody.
- Scott Fraser was supposed to be one of the best number 10s in the league and he's being dumped out wide even though we have about 10 wide players in the squad who could be more effective there. He has to play centrally and looked lost last night.
- One of my biggest negatives from last night and the previous few games is Paul Cook purely because he seems to leave it far too late before making any substitutions. After 60-65 minutes we were crying out for some fresh legs and we looked so flat but still never changed things until it was too late.
|Forum Votes: ||181|
|Comment Votes: ||2718|
|Prediction League: ||0|