Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right Centre-Back 13:59 - Aug 4 with 757 viewstractordownsouth

Donacien's role in the team as a marauding centre-back is unique, so it's not a surprise we don't have a like-for-like replacement, but if he were to get injured, who do we reckon would play in that position? Would it be a straight swap or would the formation/tactics have to adjust? Given that McKenna hasn't managed a cup game for us yet, it's hard to tell.

El Mizouni has been played a few times at centre-back and has a good engine on him so I wouldn't be surprised to see him there at some point, even with his defensive weakness.

KVY would be the more obvious fit and is comfortable going forwards but his height would be a problem in that position.

It's an interesting conundrum we've not had to encounter before so the Colchester game will may give us some answers

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Right Centre-Back on 14:19 - Aug 4 with 659 viewsBlueBoots

Think it would just be a case of switching Edmundson over to his natural side, and bringing in a leftie (spoilt for choice with Burgess, Ndaba or Leigh)

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Right Centre-Back on 14:21 - Aug 4 with 641 viewsjayessess

Right Centre-Back on 14:19 - Aug 4 by BlueBoots

Think it would just be a case of switching Edmundson over to his natural side, and bringing in a leftie (spoilt for choice with Burgess, Ndaba or Leigh)

Yeah, I'd guess that - or we shuffle everyone across, have Edmundson as sweeper, Woolfenden as RCB. We've also tried KVY in the role previously.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Right Centre-Back on 14:33 - Aug 4 with 599 viewsSteve_M

Right Centre-Back on 14:21 - Aug 4 by jayessess

Yeah, I'd guess that - or we shuffle everyone across, have Edmundson as sweeper, Woolfenden as RCB. We've also tried KVY in the role previously.

KVY looked quite funky in that role against Charlton, admittedly they were sh1te by that point but definitely an option. As is Ball I think based on what he said when he joined.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Right Centre-Back on 14:39 - Aug 4 with 574 viewsjayessess

Right Centre-Back on 14:33 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

KVY looked quite funky in that role against Charlton, admittedly they were sh1te by that point but definitely an option. As is Ball I think based on what he said when he joined.

KVY there wouldn't be without risk, but our RCB role is sort half right back half centre back, so might be possible to adjust that slightly.

There are definitely forward lines I'd be hesitant to use him against. A team like Wycombe that's going to drop long diagonals on his head over and over again, no thanks. Another round of trying to keep up with Dapo Afolayan's dribbling, absolutely not.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024