Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else get caught in the melee behind the Cobbold last night 18:19 - Aug 10 with 2163 viewsunstableblue

Can’t remember worse trouble at a Town game for years

Police were hopeless and looking on

With a large group of Col U fans doing their best impression of a Milllwall crew circa 1985… clearly aided by a lot of booze and perhaps some marching powders

Few town fans hit…

Problem is fans get funnelled into a channel after sir Bobby Robson statue… and it’s a mess

I may have witnessed the only flash point… but looked like more shenanigans at the station

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone else get caught in the melee behind the Cobbold last night on 20:31 - Aug 10 with 1685 viewsazuremerlangus

Police appeared not to do a lot from what I saw on my walk up to Belstead Avenue.

Walking to the ground I had a nice policewoman engage with pleasantries with me - not sure if she was genuinely passing the time or trying to work out which tribe I was following (I wasn’t wearing any team livery so to speak). Seemed bizarre to me or maybe I’m looking too much into the encounter - perhaps I’m just a suspicious bar steward…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Anyone else get caught in the melee behind the Cobbold last night on 20:40 - Aug 10 with 1615 viewsStewart27

Jesus.

Do they care that much? I feel really sorry for Colchester.

Bless them.
Anyone else get caught in the melee behind the Cobbold last night on 21:32 - Aug 10 with 1414 viewsDJR

I wasn't there last night but am always on the lookout when walking that way to the station as there are sometimes opposition fans spilling out and looking for trouble. As I remember football hooliganism from the 70s, I am always careful to hide my colours in such situations, even though things are much better these days, as it only takes one idiot.
Anyone else get caught in the melee behind the Cobbold last night on 23:44 - Aug 10 with 979 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It was clear there were some lively away fans during the match so it wouldn't have taken a lot to decide to hold them back until the home fans had gone - that's always what used to happen at away games (although we always used to keep the South Stand home fans in and send the away ones down to the station first). Didn't see any trouble but saw there were a few police about and a Town fan trying to point an away fan out for something that had obviously happened.

I assume Colchester will have repercussions over the flares and stuff chucked on the pitch. The idiot home fan who went on it to bait presumably won't be back for a long time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024