Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope everyone is having a good festive season? 19:02 - Dec 27 with 1152 viewsFromReuserWithLove

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge Cameron Burgess. He was written off quite early on as a bit of a flop and a one dimensional hoofer by some. I even recall a few claiming it would have made more sense to have not signed and kept Luke Chambers on! Surely we can all agree that was a bit short sighted now? I think he has been fantastic when ever called upon and is a really important player for us at the back at this level. A dominant defender who compliments the smooth attributes of Luke Woolfenden. Edmundson has a job to earn his place back now and tbh I could see him moved on in the summer.
Hope everyone is having a good festive season? on 20:05 - Dec 27 with 1014 viewsScuzzer

Being naturally a left footed player he is more comfortable than Edmondson on that side. Cant see Fridge getting back unless Burgess is injured again.
He wins absolutely everything in the air and doesn't make as many gaffes as Fridge. Prefer Burgess in the side every time.

Established 1968

Hope everyone is having a good festive season? on 20:09 - Dec 27 with 1000 viewslordsambuca

Good point. He has clearly responded to the coaching here and come through long periods out of the side both from injury and not being able to break into the side.
A credit to both himself and the management team given where he is now. As you say, his attributes complement the others in the backline.
Hope everyone is having a good festive season? on 20:28 - Dec 27 with 944 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I was not particularly convinced and would still rather see Fridge, but hard to argue with how he is performing and the difference he has made. I will say that I think the placement of his passing is quite erratic and he has gotten away with a few dreadful balls in the last few games, but if he was perfect, he wouldn't be playing league one football. Happy to see his progress, still not wholeheartedly convinced, but definitely seeing his value.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Hope everyone is having a good festive season? on 21:05 - Dec 27 with 849 viewswrightsrightglove

I think it’s amazing that we’re seeing such heavy improvements from players who looked bang average before McKenna came in. When was the last time we had a manager who genuinely improved players?
Evans, Burgess and Wolfie have all come on a huge amount under McKenna as well as various other players. It’s great to see and bodes extremely well for the future and for developing talents like Humphreys.
Hope everyone is having a good festive season? on 23:31 - Dec 27 with 704 viewstextbackup

he's a much better defender than LC was in the final 4/5 years here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hope everyone is having a good festive season? on 23:58 - Dec 27 with 655 viewsStewart27

I agree.

Surely nobody was saying we should have kept Chambers though?

It would have been incredibly tongue in cheek if so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024