Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby Run In 06:44 - Feb 7 with 1767 viewsX0Y0

Interesting point made on the NTT20 podcast. Derby will have an important part to play in shaping the top 6, maybe top 2, given their remaining fixtures.

They have to play 6 of the top 8, with 5 of the 6 away from home, in their remaining 18 fixtures.

- Wycombe Away
- Barnsley Away
- Plymouth Away
- Peterborough Away
- Ipswich Home
- Sheff W Away (final day of the season)
Derby Run In on 06:49 - Feb 7 with 1715 viewsHerbivore

They've been on an impressive run of form since we beat them but there's not a lot of standout wins in that run. Bolton at home 2-1 is the best of the bunch, other than that they've had a couple of creditable 0-0 draws and the rest has been wins over sides you'd expect them to beat. Granted, those are games we've not been winning ourselves lately so we can't talk, but I don't think Derby are the unstoppable force that some are painting them out to be. That they have so many tough fixtures still to come rather backs up that this good run hasn't been in the context of a very challenging sequence of fixtures.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Derby Run In on 07:30 - Feb 7 with 1566 viewstractordownsouth

Derby Run In on 06:49 - Feb 7 by Herbivore

They've been on an impressive run of form since we beat them but there's not a lot of standout wins in that run. Bolton at home 2-1 is the best of the bunch, other than that they've had a couple of creditable 0-0 draws and the rest has been wins over sides you'd expect them to beat. Granted, those are games we've not been winning ourselves lately so we can't talk, but I don't think Derby are the unstoppable force that some are painting them out to be. That they have so many tough fixtures still to come rather backs up that this good run hasn't been in the context of a very challenging sequence of fixtures.

Also worth pointing out that Warne’s Rotherham team had a similar unbeaten run before a big drop off last season. I think they’ll probably finish above us but it’s definitely not a done deal.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Derby Run In on 07:52 - Feb 7 with 1457 viewsbobbyramsey

We also play six of the top eight with three being away so it’s not that dissimilar really……
Derby Run In on 08:26 - Feb 7 with 1328 viewsX0Y0

Derby Run In on 07:52 - Feb 7 by bobbyramsey

We also play six of the top eight with three being away so it’s not that dissimilar really……

True.

Derby's away form (1.5 ppg) is less strong than at home (2.3 ppg). Clearly we would need to improve our general form for it to be at all relevant.

That final fixture of the season, away at SW, could have a lot riding on it for many teams.
Derby Run In on 09:14 - Feb 7 with 1128 viewsCityBlue

That Sheff Wed vs Derby fixture is going to be massive. Would love to think the table will be sorted by then but after all...this is Ipswich

I T I D

Derby Run In on 09:55 - Feb 7 with 1023 viewsStewart27

Derby Run In on 09:14 - Feb 7 by CityBlue

That Sheff Wed vs Derby fixture is going to be massive. Would love to think the table will be sorted by then but after all...this is Ipswich

Table sorted?

That game won’t be of relevance to us. It’ll be a battle for the second automatic spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024